GMod Tower Reunion Chromium?

According to the GMod Tower Reunion webpage, Garry’s Mod needs to be opted into the “chromium” beta in order to have access to the working media players in GMod Tower Reunion.

Chromium1

You’ll also need to opt into the chromium branch on Garry’s Mod to use the media players

HOWEVER, in the Garry’s Mod properties menu, the main beta option that says “chromium” says it has been “discontinued”, but there is another option that features “chromium” in it’s name, called “x86-64 - Chromium + 64-bit binaries”

Chromium2
So, which one do I use, if any, in order to use the media players? I’m still very passionate about the GMod Tower Reunion project, even if the server is quite empty at the moment.

x86-64 - Chromium + 64-bit binaries would probably be it.

3 Likes

Use the one labeled “x86-64” as it is stable and will work completely fine.

Alright, now that I’ve chosen x86-64 - Chromium + 64-bit binaries as my beta build, whenever I launch GMod, it gives me three options: To either “Play” the game, or to “Launch” the game in 32-bit or 64-bit configurations:

PlayOrLaunch
I’m sure it doesn’t matter at all, but I still think I should ask for clarity.

If your PC is 32-bit, select that. If it is 64-bit then select that. If you don’t know, you can check by right clicking the windows symbol at the bottom left of your screen, then clicking system. Then it will tell you next to “System type”.

The “Play” option starts hl2.exe, the others gmod.exe.