Global chat bans, what extent do they have?

Hello, I was permanently banned from Global Chat 3 years ago. Lately, I’ve come back to the game, and I’ve noticed a few changes, notably that of global chat being gone.

The ‘‘global chat being gone thing’’ I found the answer for, but a lot of things that have been happening make me confused as to what’s normal for a ban or not. I’ve searched the entire forums and Steam discussions but not a lot of people have talked about the extent of a global chat ban.

In Plazas, I sometimes can chat, this being very rare, however. But in game worlds, I’ve noticed about a 20% chance of being able to chat, otherwise, the messages just won’t send.

The same with condos, some work, some don’t. Voice chat doesn’t seem to work either in the plaza.

Answers would help a lot, thank you.

1 Like

I believe global chat bans are supposed to apply to plaza, gameworlds/condos, and the text hat. For condo/gameworlds there was an opt-out of the moderation backend thing, but that was removed. I assume if you’re able to talk then that’s something being wrong with the game/your or other peoples connections to the moderation backend.

According to the player report page, alongside chat you also have media and voice bans.