General Nitpicking Thread

Please, I can’t sleep at night anymore.

9 Likes

A broken bottle, a crushed soda can, and a candy wrapper, cost more than fresh oysters

6 Likes

Oysters are subsidized by the Tower Central Government.

17 Likes

Why come missing pieces??

1 Like

Not enough developers have quit yet.

1 Like

The fact you can see the borders of the world on plaza simply by flying to the height limit

3 Likes

Oh and if it hasn’t already been mentioned, this really grinds my gears when I’m trying to see myself. The accessories clipping inside your body when sitting down.

That’d be one thing, but then you have to go into your accessories and reset it after, or press k and go back from spawn.

5 Likes

I’m going to throw one more in here, why is the Tower in Lobby 3 so… unintentionally symbolic? Is it just me?

5 Likes

Symbolic of what? Being a tower?

3 Likes

I hope this doesn’t get me banned

3 Likes

Oh, you meant unintentionally phallic

6 Likes

Whoa, watch your language.

This is a family friendly forum.

5 Likes

The roof to the left is floating and you can see in the building.

7 Likes

Don’t you wanna know what’s in there?

10 Likes

i know what you’re thinking, What’s in the canister?

1 Like

Bringing this thread back cause I’m sure it’ll get a lot of use with the latest update.

The menu changes this update are very nice, BUT
…In the condo menu, you can see a really hard divide between the button and thumbnail once highlighted because it uses a white gradient instead of transparent. This makes the picture feel like a separate element simply layered on top of the button instead of part of the button itself, which looks a little sloppy. I would doubt this was intended either.

One small change, and I think it looks much more elegant, while making it more pronounced and unifies all the element nicely.

Compare it with the gameworld selection. While it doesn’t have the soft design from the condo menu, it does similarly have a unifying border around the entire selection that makes it work.

Anyway, that’s a lot for something most people probably won’t spend 2 seconds looking at, but that’s why it’s in the nitpick thread.

16 Likes

I think this wins gold medal for nitpickiest lol

2 Likes

These are unfortunately the kind of things that bother you when one has crippling OCD experience in UIs and graphics arts.

4 Likes

One of the more nitpick-ier nitpicks but I’m not personally a fan of how the new “find servers/create game/join matchmaking” currently works. It feels like it would look a lot better and be easier to find if they were more standout, square or rectangular buttons (sort of like the main menu).

(Very rough example using the Snipping Tool, but I would imagine the UI could probably be shifted to the right somewhat to be more centered if something like this were to be used)

Also as well, I feel like the refresh button and the back button’s places should be swapped – my muscle memory from both Tower and other games always insists that back or exit buttons are always the options to the very most side.

Also an extremely subtle thing but the button image for map selection is stretched and squashed so it ends up looking somewhat strange once you notice it

Don’t wanna be a backseat dev or anything, these are just some of my ideas about the UI experience for new and returning players. I’m starting to really love the Virus scoreboard

13 Likes

I felt the exact same way about the Find, Join, and Create buttons. Not immediately noticeable against busy backgrounds.

EDIT: I think golf is really the only one with this issue though.

3 Likes