I don’t see how that’s wrong.

im pretty sure it should be “somehow gained”

I think you’re skipping the word “infected”, and reading it as:

“The effect somehow gain after catching the infection in Virus”

It actually says:

“The effect infected somehow gain after catching the infection in Virus”

Which works fine grammatically. Using “gained” instead would be:

“The effect infected somehow gained after catching the infection in Virus”

This past tense implies “Virus” is some arbitrary event in the past, and not a game that is still running and being played presently (If not all that frequently).

2 Likes

no reading it anyway just seems off and doesn’t makes sense to me, i went through and made it make more sense, to me that is

now where is the pause / comma in the sentence

the effect infected somehow, gain after catching the infection in virus
the effect infected, somehow gain after catching the infection in virus

i think the 2nd one makes more sense although it still seems off
so i reshuffled a couple of the words

the infected effect, somehow gained after catching the infection in virus

i feel that all of this makes more sense in past tense
now i feel that makes sense

2 Likes

I suppose it comes down to grammatical preference, mainly the words effect and infected next to each other is a bit clunky, but that’s more-so consonants than grammar.

The 3rd one you suggested works too, but it doesn’t feel much better than what we have now personally, language stuff is hard to quantify.

I’m gonna overstep this entire argument and say that the “somehow” in the sentence makes it sound wishy-washy and lame.

1 Like

Yeah, I was gonna mention that as well. It’s there as a bit of slightly comedic spice, but it’s too subtle and kinda lame to work.

Maybe as an alternative,
“The flame effect that infected have in virus.”
Simple and to the point.

Or you could just throw in the word ‘that’ to break up the sentence:

The effect that infected somehow gain after ...

Sounds clearer to me at least :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

OHHHHHHHH I SEE NOW
its talking about the infected as characters, i thought it was referring to the flame trying to say it was called the “effect infected” so i thought “infected effect” would be a better way to describe the flame
yeah that sentence is just confusing

yeah @M2TheT that makes it 100x better

2 Likes

The water on Treasure Cove is much more detailed than the “Ultra” quality water we get in the Condo and Plaza. In my opinion the water in Treasure cove looks better but from a higher angle (in the picture) it looks at bit… powdery? (could just be because its a still image.)

4 Likes

The corner displays in the tower don’t look quite like screens. (Actual screen for comparison)

4 Likes

Thunder sound effects on Village despite the sky being visibly clear

2 Likes

7 minutes of inactivity and then this

so much panic :frowning:

1 Like

there is a giant tv in the gameworlds building.

1 Like

This is known and fixed in the next patch.

3 Likes

The Christmas tree has had rogue branches near the base that aren’t attached to the trunk since it was added.

With the recent devlog showing the train version, this looks like it remains unchanged. I dunno if anyone’s ever complained about it, though.

This can be especially jarring if you have a large tree as some sort of centerpiece in your condo, as I’m sure many of us currently do with the current season.

Post update edit:
Well then!

5 Likes

My kid logs on to his account for the first time since winter update, talks to one npc “oh mommy look at this rc sleigh I just got”

“Oh. The one I’ve been trying to get for days now? Yaaaaaaaay.”

Anyone want 50 hockey nets?

5 Likes

“You are AFK! You will not earn units.”

In the middle of the character select and cutscenes on ZM.

10 Likes

The tires you can fish up are a solid object. If you scale them up you can’t go thru the center. I didn’t realize it before putting 20 down on my racetrack :upside_down_face:

11 Likes