General Nitpicking Thread

The issue with Two Sided is that we can’t toggle it off/on in real time. It has to be a new material we create. Which means, we’ll have to make a non-two sided material for each glass.

1 Like

I think four screenshots while playing laser tag, thus we have red vs yellow vs green vs purple, but never blue (slightly light blue?).

Trying to get that buried treasure, but I can’t reach it from a far distance.

No comment about cyberpunk RGB floor effect.

No spikes on his hands and chest?

Team Solar used to be blue (Aqua), but it was changed so that each team has a similar level of visibility in the arena:

It says Pumpkin Blast despite being Gingerbread Smash.

1 Like

Throwable Arcade Ball Milestone item is missing the glow that got added a while back in Arcade Phase 2. (I believe?)
Would be nice if it had the glow too, it looks fantastic.

vs.

3 Likes

To add to the glass complaining list, decals don’t work on glass! How are we gonna label our very dangerous potions now!?

1 Like

That’s unfortunately not fixable, translucent materials don’t have depth so decals don’t know how to render on them. It’s just not possible within the engine.

Canvas Theatre Frame uses the alternate spelling of theater. Every other item uses theater.

4 Likes

Setting all the RGB values to 255 on the default model’s skin tone doesn’t make them completely white like it should. A very obvious pink/beige hue remains due to it being the default colour used.

How it is:

How I wish it was:

This means you can’t be colourless, or even a slightly pale colour. You’re either default, darker default or highly saturated.

let a girl be monochrome pretty pretty please

10 Likes

The Toggle Condo IO item displays “O” when it’s turned on and “I” when it’s turned off. Should be the opposite.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: [0.16.5.0] Condo IO: Input value changes when switching events that are similar

A post was split to a new topic: [0.16.5.0] Condo IO: Counters do not trigger condo saves properly

The workshop title/description window closes regardless of whether your upload succeeded or failed, which means that if your upload fails due to your thumbnail being too large, you have to retype the title/description all over again.

1 Like

idk if this should be considered a bug or just a nitpick, but the bokeh lens flare in the crossbow scope looks REALLY bad on really bright lights. The lights look great for atmosphere but from my sniper nests you can’t really see anything and it just looks messy.

EDIT: New Nitpick: Branches on the small tree don’t change color!

1 Like

I really don’t like how the lightbeam FX uses its model for selection. Depending on how you use them they can be very large and subtle so very often I’m trying to select another item but can’t because there’s a light beam in the way and I didn’t notice.

Like, in this video I’m just moving my cursor around to try and select stuff but 40% of the screen is covered in lightbeams.

They would be like a million times less frustrating to use if they just had a selection point at their origin like most other FX items imo

8 Likes

The Open Outdoor Trashbin’s description mentions it’s colorable property, which is kind of obsolete, considering most objects are colorable now anyways.

The pizza slice’s icon is false advertising. The icon is a thick, detailed model that looks like it might actually have some kind of variation of choosing between pepperoni or cheese.

What you actually get is a 5 year old’s cardboard pizza that came with their Fisher-Price pizzeria toy set. Can’t even remove the pepperoni for the anti-pepperoners!

4 Likes

In Unreal’s editor, they solve this by having a keybind (T key) that toggles between selecting translucent-based objects and ignoring them. I think we could recreate this keybind to solve this. That way you’ll be able to toggle between FX items and Volumes and objects. I also constantly cannot stand always highlighting surfaces myself, so maybe this could extend into that as well.

Also, I’ll update the spotlight FX items not to be selectable except for their base as well.

7 Likes

The car cap hat icon is different then the hat itself (when got the hat updated?)

2 Likes

I hope it’s just a bug cuz the previous hat was better

1 Like

I was about this nitpick the Car Cap because it looks like a floaty