General Nitpicking Thread

There’s an extra ‘a’ in the Points payout description for Dark Voyage.

2 Likes

That’s just Mario talking.

5 Likes

(No video evidence for this sorry. I usually try to add it but I’m lazy and also the power’s out here)

There’s a big eyeball in the mansion part of Dark Voyage, at the top of the flesh arch at the entrance to the hallway with the collapsed roof, that has unique stats compared to the other eyeballs (5 hits and 20 points per hit, rather than 3 hits and 15 points per hit). However, there’s another comparably large eyeball in the final room of the saloon that just has the same stats as a normal eyeball.

3 Likes

dont know if this is a bug or if its already known as well, but its annoyed me for a really long time.

This happens because of the player fading system. The shader has some weirdness to it that causes the alpha mask for things to no longer function. It’s something we’re working on and is surprisingly harder than it seems because of how the shader works.

In the 1st floor bedroom of the House condo,
the alcove to the right has a stretched floor

The Safe is classified as a door but I cannot set it to auto-close or lock it.

The Vault Door has a step that cannot be removed, and interaction becomes wonky if rescaled (you can press use on the frame but not the door at some abnormal sizes)

Floating Text does not fade out properly if you die within its radius

the Chrome Trashbin has a cap on it and can no longer have physics things thrown into it, placed inside it, or be used as an mario tunnel (if rescaled)
I used to have a secret teleporter hidden in the bottom of this thats inaccessible now.

5 Likes

Main menu has some extremely crusty bowling pins on display

It looks like a proper 20 sided dice in golf, but this 8-sided-20-sided-dice listed on the menu is visually upsetting.

The ghost pup is facing upward, behind the celebration counter.

he just havin fun

2 Likes

I feel like when you’re hiding in a sneaky Snake stealth box, you should be hidden from the radar as well. It does give me an advantage on hide and seek tho.

1 Like

The Street Light lights point forward instead of down. (Shown with IES)

Also you can only change the color of the light, you can’t change the metal color:

The plant pot small icon is blue but when you place it down its the classic orange pot.

2 Likes

Only an issue now that Condo IO is a thing, but “enable physics on respawn” on physics items is only accessible as a setting when you set the physics item to automatically respawn when thrown.

> winter plaza

This isn’t as big miscalculation as the main menu last winter, but it’s still also not a little detail to the mood, so hope it gets fixed

2 Likes

Also two Santa-Clawses

And Courtyard Villa can now be placed instead of “more to come” at Horizon Condos

…And also christmas BGM in Plaza outdoors is desynced with its version indoors, which will probably sound nicer when synced.

2 Likes

I really wish that canvas primitives made out of glass wouldn’t have these god-awful seams. It makes it really hard to make anything cool with them that aren’t windows in a wall.

5 Likes

I wish I could make transparent surf ramps too, this really sucks honestly I wish there was some kind of fix for it

2 Likes

You need glass that isn’t two sided.

Yes! If we have that we could make some really nice-looking custom-made transparent shapes. this could be really cool with custom textures too but I could understand if that would be hard to implement. Here is a picture of my custom textures on a (curved) surf ramp

I’ve been hoping to make this really cool effect in my maps but it just doesn’t seem possible with the current state of building features.

I worry that glass that only renders on one side wouldn’t look very good. It would look more like a 2d image mask. Maybe that might be a good compromise; choose between better glass depth or better glass merging? Maybe that could be a texture option like world align so that it works on all glass, and also custom textures? :thinking:

1 Like