Food

Here’s why I hate hunger bars.

Our goal with Tower Unite is not to mimic reality. Our goal is to let players have fun without limits and without always conforming to reality.

Hunger bars, air bars (when underwater), and others go completely against what I consider fun in a game.

Example, The Ship. An otherwise great game if it weren’t for the…

Oh, cool, I’m an assassin and I have to carefully pick out my target without them knowing and there they are- OH, NO, I DIED BECAUSE I FORGOT TO TAKE A SHOWER.

Games that do these things literally take away enjoyment for literally zero reasons. Yes, you could argue that a hunger bar adds immersion, but at what point in time in a video game do you want to stop EVERYTHING you’re doing to… increase a bar on the screen. How is that fun?

It adds no variety or enjoyment to the game. It adds no actual real gameplay and instead just adds a timer for the entire duration of the game.

Call me old fashioned, but I hate this new trend of survival games that just slap on hunger bars and add nothing to the actual gameplay. When am I gonna get a survival game where I actually have to use my wit to survive and not “oh, I gotta eat food all day”.

This is in no way aimed towards anyone, I just needed to vent about this frustrating aspect to games.
This is also my opinion, not anyone else on the team.

9 Likes