Epilepsy-protection toggle

It’s as stated. There’s many people in this game that abuse the strobe/rainbow materials within condo’s, a toggle to turn off many apparent triggering things would work wonders. Specifically the rainbow strobe materials.
I visited somebody’s condo, and they intentionally teleported me into a rainbow room that I could not get out of and it was nothing but strobes on my eyes.

You are posting in the correct category but perhaps it would have been better if you had included it in the existing and pinned accessibility megathread for the best visibility, as this thread might simply get buried by other less important suggestions

Though ultimately it should go without saying that you are warned beforehand that joining public condos is entirely at an ‘own risk’ basis, and the appropriate response to any condo that is triggering your epilepsy with strobe effects should be first and foremost reported

For this reason I do not recommend just joining public condos at a whim and only join the condos hosted by those who you already trust, if in doubt; always view the host’s steam profile first to see what kind of vibe they give off

Other than everything else I’ve mentioned thus far;

Yes – absolutely this

A global setting to control strobe effects on materials and light sources should absolutely be a top-level priority, as should other things to help reduce eye strain or prevent headaches in general

Disagree. If I have to tip-toe around the game just to avoid being triggered by people who intend to trigger epilepsy; that is a flaw. Epileptics shouldn’t have to be scared of playing a game when the developers can easily implement solutions for us.

Yes, it’s a no-brainer that I should report them, but I shouldn’t have to deal with this in the first place because my brain decided to fail.

The point I was trying to make is that reporting is the best thing you can do for now while your proposed suggestion remains unavailable