Emulation With Libretro & Tower Unite

Gotcha

We’re going to be adding screen brightness settings soon.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

Holy Cow. This is such an insanely cool feature. I feel like if it were a suggestion I’d think “Yea, that’d be awesome but fat chance.” Massive kudos to the team for pulling this off!

Can’t wait to test it out!

1 Like

Well done on this massive W update. Can’t wait for support for other players to see emulator gameplay

3 Likes

This is like hands-down the most insane-update from this game I’ve seen! This is really amazing!

3 Likes

I will say I still am greatly anticipating the arcade tool to have some games developed by the Tower Community itself! Even if netplay/watching others is restricted to just the Arcade tool I’d love that.

But in the meantime this is just too cool of a surprise update!

2 Likes

Any way we can change system settings for the CITRA emulator? Certain games use the system’s name for the character’s name.

You’ll probably have to change this within the emulator separately, then copy the save data to our save folder, which can be found in the Libretro folder.

1 Like

Cemu is set up in japanese at least for the “monster catching” games when testing, Figured I’d mention it and if anyone is wanting to play in english you select the second option when booting the game

I’m having an issue right now where PSP games are running above 100% speed? Granted I’ve only tested it with one game. Is there a way to access settings to set a speed cap?

You have post processing affecting the screens brightness. This issue wont be resolved by lowering the brightness

Because the screen is rendered in-game, post processing will always apply to the video output.

1 Like

We currently have the core locked to 60 FPS and 333MHz CPU mode. I’ll have to look more into the core settings itself to figure out other speed related issues.

1 Like

Apparently, save files aren’t actually written. Only save states. :confused:

Are you taking feedback for cores? VBA-M is actually horribly outdated. mGBA has better support (from what I’ve heard), runs faster, and is still in active development.

1 Like

I can look into replacing the core. It seems like mGBA is working on our systems and can be swapped in easily.

2 Likes

9 Likes

6 Likes

BTW, Citra Libretro actually crashes on AMD GPUs. It also crashes within Tower Unite. This has been reported on Citra’s GitHub repo here:

3 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll put it on the Troubleshooting section.

3 Likes