[Early Access 0.1.0.2] Missing Microsoft C++ 2015 error

My friend is having a problem right now with starting the game it gives him the error

Hes tried about everything there is to no avail.

I’ve also tried helping him with this problem and im aware that posts have already been made about this.

1 Like

I’d recommend reading through this thread, and following steps that this person took, as it seems to have given them some success.

1 Like

Thanks i’ll look at this now and try and ask my friend to try it.

I’m glad this is decent enough to be used as a reference post to help others. Please tell me if you would like me to update it to be more simplistic and friendly or maybe add pictures for others to see how I specifically did some things!

Hmm if you updated it with pictures that would really helpful tbh cause i find it hard to understand and im trying to explain it to my friend so he can do it aswell. HE REALLY wants to play Tower Unite and this stupid error wont let him

I’ll do my best to remember when I get home, no problem.

I cna update it around 4:40 UTC-5.

If he is running on a 64 bit have him try and download both vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe located here (official microsoft download, no viruses to my knowledge): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
After downloading both of them try installing the x86 first, restart the PC, install the x64 next upon reboot, and then restart again. TRY that. My friend was having the same issue and when we tried this it worked. If it doesn’t work after that then I’m not sure. My friend was having an issue with c++ runtime 2013 so I assume it will work the same way for 2015.

Good luck, hun!
-Hero

Hello, apologies for the delay of answers and instructional pictures. I’ve been laid out with school work and have been pretty sick lately, and the last thing I felt like doing was more optional work…

It’s been a couple days since I’ve last seen this thread, and I’m just wondering if your friend still required help. If he doesn’t, I won’t post any pictures since I don’t want to waste my time. If he does, he can contact me on Skype and I can show him there how to fix the problems.

Please reply A.S.A.P if you still need help or not. :heartpulse:

No he hasn’t had a problem with the issue since

Sorry for late reply also. i don’t go on forums as much as i used to, And yes still need help as he still cant play. :frowning:

I’ll wait till hes online and get him to add you on skype if thats fine, Hes in Dubai so its a little bit different timezones im asuming :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hello. Glad to see you’re back, I just got out of my ill stint, so I’ll do my best to try and help him with his problems when I can.

Also Herobrine, please don’t respond for someone if you don’t know their situation…

You can reach me on Skype @ cadence.essentials

Thank you :heart:

I thought @Skye had posted that message above mine:

and was asking if MY friend was still having issues after the solution I gave, I wasn’t trying to respond to her friend’s situation. I hadn’t realized that YOU were responding to HER.

My apologies I should have read more carefully

That’s fine, but nope; was me checking up to see if the problems persisted.

Only reason I say that is if I didn’t really care, I would’ve unchecked the notifs on this thread and probably never seen it again and they still would’ve needed help.