Don't go overboard with Workshop content!

once again, this will need developers some time to do and to see how the people think of it. this is kinda gambling in time that developers would try to make the best default models and seek peoples’ opinions.
and what about the workshop makers? won’t they get rewarded anyway?

making them paid wouldn’t solve the problem of systems being undermined at all - once you can afford, then forget the others, since you have unlocked almost everything.

5 Likes

Personally as for player models, I never really liked in GMT that I was limited to some player models shared by creators to use by everyone. However I can agree with some other things that you are saying about.

The reason players require the workshop at this point is because there isn’t enough cosmetic content being added quickly enough. I’ve seen a lot of great player models and a lot of lesser so ones but at least they’re there.
I’m more worried about players not being able to find the avatars they’re looking for than anything but that can be remedied.

It would be nice to have every model we could ever want ready and waiting to be unlocked but that’s not the reality atm.
Maybe some day there can be special accessories that only certain models can equip but a lot of players are going to feel cheated either way.

oh, I do agree!
Well, firstly, even with the workshop models we have, I would still like to have bigger in-game customization, with more in-game playermodels, their settings, possibly clothes and other stuff.

Secondly I thought about earning aspect relatively workshop models myself! In fact, we do have to buy workshop items placeholders for condo in order to load an item from ws; I’ve been thinking we could have similar thing for playermodels!
So that, for example, we would have to buy a “workshop playermodel” item for a fixed price (different prices for different playermodels were nice in GMT, but I don’t think they’d be possible in here), choosing what exact workshop playermodel would be bound to it, and then the workshop item we chose is bought and is in our inventory! That way you’d have to spend some units each time you want to get a new ws playermodel, which would be nice in earning aspect imo
And then you could also sell it for half the price like much of other items, and if the author or PixeilTail removes it from Steam then we’d just get the full cost back :slight_smile:

1 Like