Customizable Jetpack Trails

Ah, I see what you mean now. Those people don’t need to upload an image for it though. If they don’t want to go through the effort of doing it, then they simply won’t. But It’s nice to have as an option for the players who are interested.

I do see why that could cause concerns. There are many condos with 100-200+ canvas’ already and I have heard of people having FPS issues with certain places. Fortunately for me I don’t really have issues with them, but my rig isn’t cheap. With a 970 and it runs this game 90+ fps almost everywhere with everything on Turbo (highest settings), even with around a ton of items around me. Believe it or not, the worst lag I have experienced so far was some in some dudes home theatre. There were hundreds of spiders in it, covering the walls, ceiling, and most of the floor. As well as a shrine.

Just look at all the evil lagmonsters! :spider: :fearful:

So my point there is anything we add will cause lag. Especially high-poly objects (Eg: Spider). It would be interesting to see a comparison of framerates between jetpack trails and some condo rooms. The trails would only activate when a jetpack is being used too, so the lag that is made from trails wouldn’t be like the ones in GMT.

Perhaps this is another situation that could go with the options? For example, Canvas Options > Player Jetpack Trails - And you can toggle the canvas options on or off for specific media types. Like the Player Jetpack Trails, DVD/Game Cases, Body Pillows, Wall Canvas, etc:

3 Likes

I suppose it changes between players, then. Maybe it wouldn’t be that bad and I’m just being weird. Sorry. Go for it, worth a try.

Better LOD, efficient object batching and semi-realtime lighting would help a lot, but our devs are not capable of Modding their Rendering Pipeline (due to the lack of time and Skills)

1 Like

plus juan!!! dis sound good!

Nice, a 4 month necro.

Well seeing this post is alive again, Maybe this could be something to do with the upgrades store

LAH

Upgrades is meant for gameworlds stuff.

Yeah but this is as much of an upgrade as the game world items would have as it is a cosmetic change like changing the skin of a ball in ball race.

LAH

uh i am wondering
Why are you signing your posts? We can see your name already.

2 Likes

The Upgrades store is for gameworld items only, though. Regardless of if the jetpack trails would fit in with the type of item. The jetpack trails would be more at home in the appearance tab.

I sign my name just due to habit from old forums.

Also back to point, would they not make these customisation/trails cost? As If that is the case then it would suit the upgrade store, and who is to say whether it will just be for game world things as upgrading can apply to anything from items to the game modes.

Once again
LAH ;D

I could be wrong, but I thought signing your posts was against the forum rules

2 Likes

http://i.imgur.com/TiJ1xRi.png

Its not like i am signing with an image and links which i am sure it means as on a lot of forums you can put an automatic signature of anything you want it to be.
Three letters i’m sure is not a problem.

LAH

There’s forums which ban users for signing their posts (faaaaacepunch), so atleast be careful where you do it.

It’s pretty annoying to be honest. We already know what your name is.

EvKem

2 Likes

Don’t you think that this thread already went off-topic with this signing posts argument?
Just don’t do it. End of story.

Kind regards,
Radek

1 Like

Wow! This jetpack stuff is pretty interesting!

rrmm

2 Likes

This is a good suggestion

-Caboose

1 Like

Good golly gosh darn that’s the second time a post was 4 month necro’d.

Spooky Greetings

• Spookz