Condo Design Suggestions Megathread

Yeah, basically. And also yeah, a Mars theme would be nice too

1 Like

I’d love to have a sort of little crusaders style town in a sort of small “hamlet” style with walls, a few village buildings inside the walls, and a keep near the back. Maybe 5 or so medieval buildings (Tavern, blacksmith, 3 normal houses) around a town square with a well in the middle leading to a tiny cave. A small road would lead to a small keep probably with a courtyard, throne room, and a few rooms (maybe for libraries and houses and such). Dont think it would be too hard, you could use a few of the models and textures from Little Crusader, only big thing would be to build interiors and backgrounds. I think of something that kinda looks like this in terms of size

Interior ideas

These are all just simple ideas for rooms, and buildings, do whatever with the idea if you wish to pursue it

3 Likes

This could be a really cool build. I think a medieval town build was built before, not sure if this is the same though.

This makes me think, we need someone to recreate Helm’s Deep in Tower.

1 Like

oh wow that would be massive

this is my idea for an abstract condo

2 Likes

Just thought of this recently, but I think players should be able to rotate the flooring texture, you can already change the offset on the x and y axis, so it would make sense to add rotation as well. I believe it would make customization better as players can freely use different floor textures without it being out of line by an insane amount.

4 Likes

A castle condo would be a cool idea

2 Likes

1: What about something like a proximity triggered noise maker? Or something like that. I have an arcade themed room in my condo and it’s pretty boring when it’s all lighting and pure white noise. Something like a custom mp3 sound effect in a single room, and the further you are away from it the quieter it is? I think it’d really liven up my place.

2: Another suggestion I have is pretty much the same thing, but with televisions or other media sharing props. I have at least one media sharer in each room and it’d be pretty cool if I didn’t have to hear my TV from all the way across the map. I think it would really change how I would build my condo and make it how I want it to be made, that’s just me though!

Well, there are spooky sound emitters, so maybe if they had ones more specialized for ambience rather than spookiness, I think that would be nice

2 Likes

On a yacht/super yacht or cruise ship?

1 Like

I’m gonna second the Spaceship/Space Station recommendation, but with different spaceship builds (possibly different costs for different sizes/styles.)

I think you could do anything from “rugged, dingy old freighter” (think Red Dwarf) to “small but trusty” Millennium Falcon-style, to various Star Trek-ish ships of different sizes, to Evil Alien Overlord Warship (lots of dark green lighting and such.)

Maybe you could (eventually?) buy canvas item modules to add to your ship.

Here’s a couple ideas made by other people:

ship tu
(designed by Elendilla)

space tu

(designed by Horse)

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking for a while about some areas of the game that I think would work really well if they were made into condos (probably with modifications though). Here’s a few I think would be cool:

Market / Knightsend-by-Sea
I think Market and Knightsend-by-Sea would be really fun condos to build in if the buildings in them were given interiors. They would be great for community condos too, since you could assign houses to people and stuff like that.

Compound / Village
I think Compound and Village would be great condos as well, for the same reasons as Market and Knightsend-by-Sea. I also really like the style of the houses in Village, so it would be cool to be able to build in them.

Gasoline
I think a gas station condo would be cool.

Sunrise Isles
I guess maybe having 3 island-themed condos is a bit overkill but I think track 1 of Sunrise Isles would make for a really good condo if the track (besides the dock/bridges/tunnel) and some of the props were removed (like the catsacks and fences). It would also be great if the giant house thing was given an interior, its shape looks really interesting and I think it would be really fun to build in. (also it would be cool if the huts/beach houses were made into condo items like the snow cabin)

Arcade / Nightclub
Having condos of the arcade/nightclub (emptied though, so you can build in them) like the theater condo would be really nice, especially when/if condo arcade machines/visualizers are added.

5 Likes

Moon/Spaceship Base
And it would include low gravity.

Tower Apartment
Condo that’s one of the apartments in tower, looking down on plaza from the windows,

Treehouse
In a forest.

Rocket/Airship/Yacht/Caravan
Moving home / House on wheels.

3 Likes

I’d love to see a summer version of Smooth Autumn. I like building a camp ground for the fall on that condo but I’d really like doing a summer camp style setup during the summer months.

Add to that “Smooth Winter”.

Don’t know if this has already been suggested; but it would be really cool if there was an option to add a condo to your favourites!

I’ve seen so many unique condos that I would love to visit again. A common workaround for this is to add the host as a Steam friend, so you can see when they’re online and when their condo is open.

A list of favourite condos (and seeing when they’re open) would be a lifesaver.

3 Likes

a maze house wild be interesting similar to the Winchester home that feels like a normal home but there’s like doors that lead to nothing or into bricks and confusing rooms with like stairs and upside down maps and just other strange oddity’sProcessing: 5d68100f6f24eb03306d3463.jfif…
baf782551448ec39bdff5f288c2d6a24
doily4_0

3 Likes

Is there any possibility of working on the underwater resort to allow the placement of fish in the water without them flopping around?

1 Like

This is actually inspiring me to make a Winchester House of my own…