Christmas Condo Contest! [2019] [Closed]

Hello all! So I want to have a go and post my entry into the contest so here it is, I know it’s not spectacular or a custom build but I have tried my best with the decorating and making outside as snowy and wintery as possible. Even if I don’t make it in the top 3 I just hope you all like it :slight_smile:

Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/codezblack

Name: It was the night before Christmas

Pictures:

[P.S Sorry for repost I was having trouble]

Merry Christmas!

7 Likes

Last chance to get entries in for the Christmas Condo Contest! Entries close on Monday 6th January at 8PM UK time.

2 Likes

I’ve given up on mine, It’ll have to wait until next year.

So, I meant to post this earlier but I was waiting on some fixes for the string lights.

Anywho, Lets start the tour!

First we have the Foyer! Not much was changed here aside from the wreath. Most of it remains pretty much the same!

However, Coming into the Living room, I have some more decorations, including two of my Christmas Edition Neon Signs! (Courtesy of The Bros!) I also have the aptly named Kringlefucker, the merriest Christmas item that screams "Shit, lets be santa."

Over the living room we have some hanging garland and some special Christmas colors instead of the normal blue and white I use for the TV area.

The Other Part of the house, including the Atrium, Dining Room, and Kitchen, all have a nice bit of Christmas Flair as well.

Christmas Color Piano and Chair, just for the holidays!

Here we have the Dining room and Kitchen! Atop the fireplace I have two of the Conksuckiest boots you’ll ever did see, one for me, and one for my sweet bean.

The Garden Pool froze over and somehow two pines grew from it. Gonna have to check the alge filters later. The upper walkway to the guest Beachouse is also snowed over and decorated in lights for the season.

The Outdoor Area had a bit of a holiday flair too! Unfortunately our other pool froze over. Quite unfortunate.

The Rooftop Bar was closed for the season as it wouldn’t be very comfy to have guests drink in sub-zero temperatures, would it? Also frozen booze isn’t very good either.

However the Rooftop Patio is just fine, and the Hot Tub thankfully is still quite warm!

Another nice shot of the outer area, to show how snowed over everything is! Suprisingly I get more stow here than I do in real Life!

It wouldn’t be very festive if the Lighthouse wasn’t decorated now would it?

And that’s it! I’d say come by and partake in the Festivities, but alas, Christmas is now over, and the freak blizzard has now subsided, returning my home to its original tropical state. Feel free to come by though anytime!

8 Likes

Here’s my entry for the contest, I updated my Highrise for winter and the christmas contest!

Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/computrix/

And now,

Comp’s Christmas Penthouse

–Exterior shots–
Chilly! Snowfall has settled upon the highrise penthouse, and upon the city below.

A snow crawler sits parked by the door.

Winter’s icy touch has nearly buried this leftover tent from fall camping.

Additional shots of the snowy wintery wonderland outside the penthouse. The entire lower level of the outdoors around the penthouse is bordered in festive fences and lights.

Interior shots
While my ‘haunted mansion’ styled foyer is still as it was, there’s a slight sign of festiveness present

It’s time for Christmas Dinner! Let’s head into the Red Room, the most fancy, formal area of the penthouse.

The table is set for a holiday feast

A hearty glow radiates from the fireplace at one end. The stockings are hung and filled with goodies, and presents surround the nearby christmas tree.

The main living area is also very festive and cozy, with a fireplace taking over the television screen for added coziness.

A gingerbread house and some holiday favorites decorate the coffee table

Santa Catsack and Rudolph have paid a visit! They left behind quite a few presents by the tree!

The first floor’s hallway is also decorated

Some minor festive additions to the Gmod Tower Museum located in the large room at the end of the hall

The second floor hallway is also similarly decorated

That’s pretty much it for the parts of my highrise that are decorated for christmas! This was fun to do over the course of 2-3 days. Thanks for stopping by!

10 Likes

I’m a perfectionist and I don’t feel like it’s finished, but it’s better to submit something instead of nothing!

STEAM_1:0:24047159

Slurpwis’ Winter Wonderland

The garage:

The kitchen:

Posting the rest in my next post, apparently new users can only include 10 pictures.

3 Likes

Here is the rest!

The living room:

Bathroom & Bedroom

6 Likes

Happy New Years! Never made a condo from scratch before so I thought this would be the perfect time. I present you…

Steam ID: Spalding1250
Smooth Snow
Here’s a low res tour with some nice royalty free Christmas music :grin:

7 Likes

Alright, entries are now CLOSED! Me and the rest of the Staff will vote and we’ll announce a winner in 24 hours!

2 Likes

You guys had some amazing entries! Every single one felt cosy and warm. We’ve picked our three winners!

1st Place - 800,000 Units
@Computrix (Comp’s Christmas Penthouse)

2nd Place - 400,000 Units
@korcari (The Great Northern)

3rd Place - 200,000 Units
@TheFragMan (Biscuit Lodge)

We’ll get those Units transferred over shortly. Thanks for entering, everyone!

11 Likes

Units have been distributed to the winners! Thank you to everyone who participated and can’t wait to see your entries in the next one!

5 Likes

Ah I won! Thank you so much for appreciating what I do. :blush:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 44 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.