Can not open chat - Does not react to keybind

So, here’s the thing. I haven’t been playing this game in many, many months but I have been keeping the game up to date. Today, I boot Tower to attempt playing with friend but find out that I can not open chat at all - The chat does not open when I press keybind I have attached to it in settings which for me is Tab button. My keyboard isn’t broken, it functions completely fine outside of Tower and the weird chat situation, there are no weird behaviors that it displays that could worry me. I have standard Polish keyboard layout set up in Windows, not programmers keyboard and it used to work before. I don’t think I am banned from using chat as I do not recall doing anything that could result in that or any messages or warnings about things I could be saying in the past. Rebinding chat to other button to make sure the button isn’t possibly taken by another control in settings doesn’t work either. I didn’t look/pay attention but I’m fairly certain that my friend has tried sending me a message in chat in their condo while we were there and I did not even see the message pop up on my screen where chat would be - I could have had just missed it but I’m not too sure. I’m completely confused as to what happened as the situation from my perspective has just started happening out of nowhere with no visible reason. Any help would be appreciated.

Managed to fix it. Still no idea what caused it - Presumably some update along the way. If you encounter same issue at any point in time, follow my steps that I used to fix the issue myself:

1. Disabled Steam Cloud globally for all games in Steam settings
  2. Went to %localappdata%\Tower\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor and deleted all files
  3. Started up game, adjusted settings anew and then quit game
  4. Re-enable Steam Cloud and upon Steam Cloud file conflict message, replaced Cloud files with local drive files to ensure the issue won’t repeat if Cloud files were to sync back to my PC