Bunch of Images in condo are gone

I loaded into my condo after reinstalling Tower Unite and a bunch of my images display the message “this image is no longer available or no longer exists -imugr.com”.

It was never like this before and I don’t know what happened.

That means that the images were removed from imgur, that happens sometimes.

2 Likes

I save all of my canvas images on my external hard drive and just upload them to imgur with Sharex whenever one stops working

I use dropbox instead of Imgur because it’s more reliable and i’m pretty sure that using imgur for this stuff is against their TOS.

But this morning when I went on all the images were fine,

When I got back on a few hours ago like 30/100 had this issue across 2 of my condos

Well, that’s the response that imgur gives. the game isn’t saying that the image doesn’t exist.

how would it be against their TOS? Just curious

DontUseImgur

1 Like

Except Imgur isn’t Tower’s sole content delivery network. Reddit does something very similar; You can add an Imgur link and because it’s just a way to display a picture, it’s allowed.

Tower seems fine in this case, as the content being delivered isn’t officially supported, per se.
Players using Imgur as a way to display pictures would be OK, but if Tower relied on Imgur, I.E. for plaza textures, that’d be a no go.

6 Likes

It’s a very grey area of Imgur’s TOS as it basically just means “we’ll decide if you’re fine or not”

So I have no clue if this is actually the case or not.

2 Likes

They’re not saying Tower is breaking the TOS. They’re saying that people are breaking it by using imgur in their condos for canvases, as it turns imgur into a “content delivery network” that just serves images (not what it was designed for)

So just use another service for it, imgur is likely to just regularly delete the images you upload anyway.

1 Like

Do you have an Imgur Account? They don’t delete stuff or get compressed when you store them when logged in. All my condo textures are still here 2 years later.

1 Like

^ Same as David, I’ve used Imgur since I started playing and no images have ever been deleted off my account. They clearly don’t detect us anyway, if they could they would’ve already seen many of our 1000’s of images being accessed by 1000s of players through TU.

As for the not loading, it could just be Imgur being down for a bit, it happens rarely but everything should go back to normal.
Also don’t use other peoples links because if that person deletes it or account removed etc. the link might not work any more, always reupload the image to your own account so you have control over it.

1 Like

I do have an imugr account, and for some reason I can’t click on most of the pictures, they just come up as colored backgrounds.

I hope that imugr was just down for the amount of time I was on, I spent so many hours working on them for the condo.

I post the images on discord and copy the links.

After re-reading the TOS I believe they are referring to Imgur’s use in business / commercial situations, as they mention “content for your website” so I believe as long as you aren’t making money off of your condo you’ll be fine

3 Likes