[Bug Megathread] "Achievement Is Broken" Report Thread 2020

Ah, that wasn’t listed as a requirement on the achievement at all D: And the achievement isn’t really that easy anymore now that theres like 1 billion random anime questions D: . Also I don’t understand the reason behind that requirement, you get exp anyway for all the correct answers. Its only punishing those that grind on their own to get the questions right or learn the questions. Also, now that I know about it I could just leave a game where I am playing with another person 1 on 1 and know that I would cause them to fail the requirement for the achievement.

1 Like

I agree. I’ll remove the requirement.

1 Like

Bless you sir.

I seem to have Haunted Friendships broken. It took me a while to find the last character and I finally found them after a while. The music played and said I completed the achievement and the quest for it disappeared. A few hours later I get on and look at the achievement book to see what I need left for Halloween and it shows that it was uncompleted. I hunted the character down again but there was no progress nor unlock. I can provide pictures if needed for reference.

1 Like

Hey, first post here! Like ShadowLord above me said, I managed to finally find the floating skull and my game crashed upon talking to him. I saw the little celebration and the 9/10 friends no longer appears, but it doesn’t record the achievement on my collection book.

hey, it seems like the collector achievements for ball run don’t seem to be counting the big melons

Is this intentional or is it a bug?

Can confirm this as well. Watched a 20 minute short film with 4 friends and Movie Night did not work.

Alright i just saw someone get the achievement by getting a big melon, so it looks like they both count, but only single melons increase the counter, so it’s sorta half bugged?

I think big melons count for 1 melon for the achievement

1 Like

Not sure if this counts as achievement broken but I recently noticed that my achievements didn’t match up with what I already achieved. I had spent some time with a guide and I got all the “shoot the plushies” achievements for Virus. But looking at steam and the collection journal I notice that I am now missing “Mysterious desert Whales” and “Mysterious overworked turtles” achievements. Not to mention I also was missing the “Shell awareness” achievement in Virus when I even took like 2 hours out of my life to try and get it a couple of days ago. (though ironically I got it by accident again in some virus gameplay recently).

I am not even sure what other achievements might have been missing now but I suppose I am just really confused why achievements would RE-Lock when they unlocked on steam before. I don’t think I was using any exploits to shoot the plushies at all, so I don’t think “cheating” is an applicable reason for these achievements re-locking.

Thoughts?

I got the “Haunted Friendships” achievement a couple weeks ago, game crashed, reopened the game to see that I still hadn’t received the achievement, but the progress bar was gone. Tried interacting with more NPCs and nothing happened. I figured that I just had to wait for it to correct itself, but since the event is over and I still don’t have it, I’d report it in hopes of getting that corrected. The NPC I talked to was the Jack-o-lantern one.

I can manually set your achievement for you. Just PM me your Steam ID.

My only thought would be that these achievements could have been earned when Steam was down (usually on Tuesdays). We have code to prevent this from being an issue, but sometimes Steam can really break the achievements completely for minutes or hours (it really sucks). I can manually award you back any achievements. Just PM me your Steam ID.

1 Like

Hey again. I feel like a whiny teenager. Had another achieve go wonky. Was first in a game of accelerate but didn’t get the achievement.

As you can see heres a screengrab of me being first. I am not sure if the other player joined late or something.

Thanks for any assistance or clarity you wanna give.

I think this one awards if you get first on track/round 2, but not on 1 or overall.

Hey there,

Looks like most if not all the course mastery achievements are displaying your last received score rather than whatever your best was. It still shows the date the achievement was unlocked but doesn’t display the old score.

I am not sure about this triggering on round 2 only as I am fairly certain I have received this on the other tracks on first round. Though if its a requirement to have gotten first over 2 rounds then it could be rather unfair if there are like 5/8/10/etc. rounds. Seems like an unreasonable request of the players to play perfectly for multiple rounds.

The races only have 2 rounds though?

Oh, well yes. I was being forward thinking. Doesn’t matter now cause I grinded and got the achieve later. Still annoying that it didn’t trigger the first time.

All accelerate maps are only gonna have 2 tracks though