Accelerate Workshop Update (0.10.2.0)

Some feedback on the new Main Menu

• The menu seems designed for 1280x720 and wastes heaps of space on larger. The old menu looked like it scaled and made use of the extra space.
  • The chat box is tiny and hard to read. It should only be this small if screens can’t fit the fullsize one.
  • Promoting ‘Collection’ to a top-tier item is good, but it along with Workshop and Appearance go to new screens while Plaza/Condo/Games go to inline menus and that doesn’t feel right to have them displayed so similarly when they behave differently. I think there should also be a clearer distinction between “this is stuff you play” (Plaza/Condo/Games) and “this is stuff you read/configure” (Appearance/Collection)
  • The amount of nesting in Plaza/Condo and especially Game Worlds is a lot less user friendly than the old menu. I understand the purpose of this menu was to reduce clutter and confusion but to me it feels more cluttered and takes me longer to find what I’m looking for. If you’re open to big changes like this I might post some concepts, or at least minor tweaks. (does anyone have a screenshot of the old menu for reference?)
  • The blurred background behind semi-transparent menu items might be contributing to the confusion above. Stronger menu items might help, and making the background context-sensitive.

EDIT: I’ve come up with a simple solution that should work for long-time players without needing to revamp the new menu

2 Likes