[56K Modem Warning] Tower Unite Discord Development Sneak Peek

oooo new golf balls

“Online marketplace, buy/sell items” is an unbelievably misleading headline for Tower Express.
Maybe “item delivery service” would be a better fit? Anything that doesn’t imply user trading.

8 Likes

But it’s literally an online market place. The site hosts the different shops in the plaza’s online stores, allowing you to sell and buy goods.

This is literally a marketplace.

Along with the name ‘Tower Express’, which people would generally assume relates to speedy delivery - which in this case could easily be linked with a faster alternative over joining the plaza and buying it there.

I’m not sure where you got the idea of marketplace specifically referring to the trading of goods for non-currency - apart from the steam community market (which in the name itself reveals that it deals in transactions within the steam community and not from steam itself, but I digress).

Rant over, I’m tired.

3 Likes

Even if people do get confused it’s not an issue. They’ll click on it, realize that it’s for buying from stores/selling their items and just leave it at that.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to play golf and tell everyone “i’ve got balls of steel”

but gold is gold, not steel :thinking:

Well if you want to be funny about it you could argue that it looks like brass. I was getting at the idea of changing the colour to silver if that’s possible

the gold ball is a milestone item
I imagine a metal ball would be available from the upgrades shop or something :^)
If it were to exist a metal ball wouldn’t have fancy effects like the gold ball does.

eh i disagree, brass is a lighter colour

Agree to disagree

Brass

Gold
and my images aren’t virtual renderings, even if we were to base it off of renderings, I would argue that it’s still gold, and not brass

There’s lots of factors that go into metals, such as polish and whilst i’d agree the two photos aren’t matching in polish, I’d still argue the game’s ball is gold

btw you said

then show this

right listen here buddy, brass doesn’t stay shiny as gold when polished.
it will eventually look terrible

it’s plastic you damn loons

8 Likes

The metallurgy fandom is heating up

11 Likes

How long until someone brings out the brass gold brass knuckles?

2 Likes

I see that you just like being pedantic, i’ll stop derailing this thread now.

what? ok?
Polished Brass Vs Gold, IS incredibly similar
However gold is a brighter yellow and shiny rather than a more dull and muted colour, Plus gold doesn’t tarnish whilst brass might

The knuckles are plastic you damn loon.

3 Likes

As a minigolf ball, I think plastic is a myth.

1 Like

Sorry to drag on but one last thing i noticed that made me chuckle was your first comment

Then the picture you used
Are actually Gold-plated “Balls of Steel” for Pachinko

3 Likes