[56K Modem Warning] Tower Unite Discord Development Sneak Peek

Well if anything, it’s an interesting concept for anyone who wants to make some workshop content down the line

1 Like

I honestly think the robot will be the NPC for that tech store or whatever it’s called.

1 Like

That would be cool. But as Caboose stated before, they considered replacing all the shop npc’s with the robots.

Edit: Here’s an idea for the robots. They could have their own unique texture for each store. Like, for Central Circuit, the robot could be painted like a circuit board. And for the furniture store, it could be wooden, etc.

1 Like

I just kinda feel more comfortable with human NPCs managing the shops. They make me feel like I’m actually in a place inhabited by people, instead of some sort of futuristic vacation spot managed by AI. Robots lack the personality that a human NPC could have.

3 Likes

Personally, I find human NPCs more unsettling.
Standing there, all the time…
selling stuff…
in exchange for made-up currency
all the time
alone
sad

4 Likes

IMO, all that needs to happen is to give the NPCs character, and maybe some voice acting. There’s only one of each store NPC, so it’s possible to make them interesting in some sort of way. NPCs could also sit down in a chair next to them if they get tired of standing or stretch.

However, it would be very interesting to have the robots replace the NPCs as they go on a ‘lunch break’ or take a walk around the plaza or sleep for the night. When the NPCs get back, they replace the robots once more and the cycle repeats.

9 Likes

This is actually a great compromise between having NPCs and having robots.

5 Likes

That’s just a brilliant idea. Should even happen.

3 Likes

Welcome! What are ya buying?
Excellent choice mate!
Come back any time!
(I know these are from a different game, but hey… nostalgia)

3 Likes

What if they’re just like the synths from fallout…

1 Like

December 27th, 2015

Notice: All items below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These items are shown from RAW development. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent.

9 Likes

That would be pretty neat to run.

1 Like

Looks like this is it for tower.
gg everyone it was a fun ride until it came to a huge screeching halt for little reason

7 Likes

December 28th, 2015

Notice: All items below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These items are shown from RAW development. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent.

3 Likes

yay, the golf on the moon is back here :3

2 Likes

December 29th, 2015

7 Likes

I checked my backer panel again and everything is validated, is good, though I especially can’t wait for an Email to be sure they got the informations

2 Likes

Since I got my computer I forgot to enter my stuff again, but I did it now.

2 Likes

Just for a little context.

10 Likes

Multiple planets sounds really cool. Much better than just copy and pasting moon from GMT.

1 Like