[56K Modem Warning] Tower Unite Discord Development Sneak Peek

This needs to be a gamemode or functionality to be able to rob NPCs and not be caught… or else you go to tower jail :open_mouth:

1 Like

This would be cool, although unexpected to fit the game at first. But after tons of hours spent doing the same things, it would be awesome to do something out of the ordinary in the Plaza. This definitely sounds fun, and I’m sure tons of other people would find it funny being able to do something of that nature in this game. It adds more functionality to the characters in the Plaza. When caught, the stolen items could be returned and the player just kicked out of the store.

But instead of robbing items, perhaps just give the player Units, just like as if they are playing a minigame. (And obviously not a lot of Units either, because people would keep playing that minigame to get tons of Units if it is an efficient way of getting them.) Either that, or the players would end up stealing trash items that can’t be sold for any Units. because the items haven’t been activated at the cash register, of course!

Also, as for many other minigames and such, there should be an achievement for achieving something involving the minigame, like an achievement for stealing from every NPC in the game without being caught.

3 Likes

Please no. This isn’t Skyrim or Payday. This is Tower Unite.

1 Like

THIS. IS. TOWER. UNITTTEEE!!! Lol. Jokes aside, it would still be a neat functionality, or easteregg.

1 Like

But it isn’t necessary. I don’t think it would be that fun either. What is there to steal, anyway? You could easily buy items with the money you earn from the game worlds.

4 Likes

Yes please

2 Likes

If you want to look at it like that, then nothing is absolutely necessary except for the gameworlds. Just the gameworlds would be enough to call this a functional game. Everything else just adds to the experience. Tower Unite is already adding new things that weren’t in Gmod Tower (like fishing, laser tag, bowling, etc.) and you could argue that none of that is necessary either, since we didn’t have it before. Personally, I think it’d be an interesting addition to the game. No one says you’d have to use it. It’d just be something fun to do for people that want it. As for what to steal, he did already mention that maybe instead of stealing items, it could maybe be based around Units (just like the rest of the games). Like, if you don’t get caught, it’d reward you with a small amount of Units.

1 Like

I just don’t think it’s a good thing for Tower Unite. When I think about this feature, all I think about are people crowding around the store clerks just waiting to spam them.

3 Likes

I’m going to side with Arctiq.
It’s not about whether or not it’s necessary.
It’s about how it fits in with the rest of the game.
Here’s how it fits in with the rest of the game: it doesn’t.

The whole plaza part of Tower Unite is about social activities (fishing, bowling, everything else).
Stealing from a store isn’t a social activity. It’s just dumb imo.

7 Likes

Thank you. That’s what I was originally trying to say.

4 Likes

December 24th, 2015

Notice: All items below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These items are shown from RAW development. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent.

5 Likes

Looks like screen-head robot, If it ever appear in the game, I wonder what will be the use

1 Like

Mac stated he has an idea about replacing most of the Store NPCs with these Robots. Whether or not that comes to be realized is another story.

1 Like

I won’t mind that.
The NPCs feel very… uncany, to say at least. Out of place.

1 Like

Although robots could make it look like we got into some kind of cyberpunk dystopia. I prefer NPCs honestly, they go better with the theme of all the shops.

3 Likes

Maybe there could be robots for certain attractions that aren’t shops? Like bumpercars, bowling, etc.?

(I kind of want the robot to have the voice of the little orb guy from the Borderlands telltale series…)

1 Like

I wonder if it’d be possible to allow players to choose what type of shop NPCs they want

1 Like

I approve of this. But that means the npc’s would have to be client-side. Not sure if it makes a difference though.

1 Like

If the NPCs are given their own models, wouldn’t a client side resource pack be able to change them?

3 Likes

I’m not sure how UE4 works in terms of servers, but I believe that textures and models, etc. are loaded on the client side. The server just calculates where each object is and sends it out to the players. So theoretically, it could be possible to change the textures of an NPC, but there would probably have to be support integrated to do that. Like workshop, etc.

3 Likes