[0.17.9.1] Movers unable to move mutliple items at once

Not sure if this is a bug or a lack of a feature but hooking up 2 or more items to a single mover’s Move event only moves the first connected item.

Steps to Reproduce

Connect two or more items to a Mover’s move event.

What I expected to happen

All items connected to the Move event should get moved.

What happened

I tried making a simple object moving along a path that also has a post process volume moving along with it.

Media

Only the first connected item moves along the mover’s path.

Having the need to use two movers to move two objects at the same time on the same path is unwanted.

Also, I don’t think this is related to this exact issue but after moving the connections around for a bit, the money bag connection dissapeared entirely, but the bag is still moving on the path.

(it’s not in the other events, i checked)

If you get persistent/unresponsive mover connections like in the 2nd post, try stopping and resuming movers in your tab menu and/or triggering the start or stop I/O inputs of the mover.

Usually a combination of the two fixes most of my related issues.

Movers cannot connect to multiple items like that. You must group the items first, then attach the mover to them.

That’s good to know.
It would be cool if there was some sort of documentation for items somewhere so things like this could be more clear and easy to find.

I wrote a guide about Movers to help which you can find here: Official Movers Guide!

1 Like