[0.17.4.0] Mini Golf Water hole, hole 18

Summary of bug here.

The below post shows a loop bug on home 18 of water hole where the ball repeatedly goes out of bounds when in a minecart.

[0.16.9.1] Mini Golf > Water Hole > Hole 18 "Loop"

There is a note to say this was fixed however I have just had this or a very similar issue. I also noticed that all the balls would fail to be picked up by the scoop and then rise later a long time after the scoop had gone. For most this meant that they were deposited in the minecart and could finish the hole.

However my ball fell out of this invisible(?) scoop resulting in an out of bounds. When I tried again, the scoop again failed to pick up the ball, but it climbed as if it was in it. It appears that the animation and the hit box had somehow got out of sync.

The ball then entered the funnel and dropped into a cart, however it was then deamed out of bounds about half way down the track. Every time I tried to get into the scoop the same thing happened and I was out of bounds half way down the cart track.

I tried to screen print at the point this happend but was not quick enough so the pic shows out of bounds and me trying to get back into the scoop.

Steps to Reproduce

Not sure how to reproduce. I 2 putted into the scoop, which as mentioned then failed to pick the ball up. At this point something broke, this could be due to my ball falling out of the invisble scoop or it could have been due to a client server sync issue.

I’ll try again and see if I can get a better description.

What I expected to happen

The normal behavior.

What happened

The issue the bug caused.

Notes / Media

Screen shot

2 Likes

Ok I am unable to reproduce a host, perhaps suggesting that this was some kind of strange server sync issue. Oddly (or not?) none of the other moving obstacles had issues, including the water wheel.

I did discover that the out of bounds occured at about the time that the minecarts accelerate. In the past I have seen balls trail behind minecarts at this point, again perhaps due to latency, but have never had them fall out of bounds.

A bit of an odd one this.

1 Like

Can confirm this still happens frequently in multiplayer lobbies, it’s a gamble if you will be reset or not if you are not the host, sometimes 1 reset, sometimes an infinite loop.

If the host has played more then 1 map the moving blocks get de-synced (happens on most minigolf maps) however it doesn’t seem to be related as I’ve seen this issue happen even when the sync is fine.