[0.17.3.0] Rubberbanding/Stuttery movement in low latency condos

:warning: Important: Please include the version number of the game in the title! (for example: [0.17.3.0] Broken Feature).
The latest version is [0.17.3.0]

Summary of bug here.

I am experiencing rubberbanding and stuttery movement in low latency condos, where there is a fluctuating latency of 30ms-50ms on average in general

It would seem the like improvements to netcode and prediction implemented and deployed ahead of SDNL in update 0.16.11.0 have not been transferred across to condos

I have documented this issue in condos with two distinct hosts, namely GateTheCat and Kads

Steps to Reproduce

It is difficult to reproduce this as every host’s system performs differently

What I expected to happen

Smooth, consistent, properly predicted movement

What happened

The issue the bug caused.

Notes / Media

Other misc. notes about the bug. Picture or videos are appreciated!

Kads’ condo:

GateTheCat’s condo:

1 Like

These improvements were for very specific cases such as rocket jumping, teleporters, push volumes, etc. It’s not the same as walking around.

Movement in Unreal is predicted. It uses a system where the client runs a client-side prediction for movement, then the server will correct the client when the server thinks the client is off, causing the jitter you are seeing. There’s a couple ways to improve this, but that’s the Unreal prediction design. I have been looking into ways to improve it.