[0.17.3.0] Meteoroid Mania achievement unfixed/unchanged

:warning: Important: Please include the version number of the game in the title! (for example: [0.17.3.0] Broken Feature).
The latest version is [0.17.3.0]

The “It’s the end of the world as we know it” achievement on Meteoroid Mania is almost impossible to achieve due to a change in 2020 where the amount of meteors was reduced, but not the points required for the achievement.

[I am so sorry if this is not the right place to report this, I looked through both this website and the discord and was unable to find the correct place, my apologies if I missed it. This is also my first time reporting something/using this website at all so i apologize if my formatting is incorrect. Also I would like to clarify this is not an attack on any of the developers! I am just a new player who noticed this achievement was never fixed.]

Steps to Reproduce

Play the game, and attempt to reach 300 points.

What I expected to happen

As expected in the achievement, you are supposed to reach 300 points to earn the achievement mentioned above.

What happened

While playing, even if you get into the ‘bonus spin’ hoop with all 3 of your meteors, there is an extremely low chance of getting consistent enough on the spin to reach over 300. The value of 300 has never been reduced as said by developer ‘Macdguy’ that it would be on the ‘next hotfix’ (steam thread quoting this is linked in Notes).

Notes / Media

I was attempting to google the way to beat it and saw multiple people saying that in (roughly) April 2020 the game itself was changed to give you less meteors (currently at 3) and that the achievement point requirement was supposed to be lowered in the following patch, but it never was.

tower unite thread issuing the same problem, started after the patch and updated 6 months ago saying they still had difficulty: How are you supposed to get 300+ in Meteorite Mania?

steam community thread quoting a developer that the point requirement was ‘going to be changed’ (and still has not been): Seriously, Meteoroid Mania :: Tower Unite General Discussions

1 Like

Thank you for the report.

I will be working on a proper fix for this ASAP, looks like the issue went unresolved and forgotten.

2 Likes

thank you for responding so quickly!! it is much appreciated :smiley: keep up the good work on this awesome game!! me and my friends are having a lot of fun :heart: !

2 Likes

This is now fixed in the next hot fix.

I’ve added another ball to make it easier.

1 Like