[0.17.3.0] Lag spike when pressing voice chat button, voice doesn't go through

:warning: Important: Please include the version number of the game in the title! (for example: [0.17.3.0] Broken Feature).
Version [0.17.3.0]

Hi,

I’m getting a big lag spike every time I press the voice chat button, and a following lag spike upon releasing it. No one can hear my voice chat either. This wasn’t happening before, but is now in this update.

This was also happening to a friend of mine around a month ago or more, same exact situation. Lag spike upon holding voice button, and voice won’t go through.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Steps to Reproduce

Please list how this bug can be reproduced, if possible. Pictures would be much appreciated!

No clue what causes it or how it can be reproduced. When you have the error, it occurs every time you try to voice chat

What I expected to happen

The normal behavior.

Button works

What happened

The issue the bug caused.

Explained above

Notes / Media

Other misc. notes about the bug. Picture or videos are appreciated!

Have you tried any of these known fixes?

1 Like

Thanks, while I don’t have mic settings to alter, I can try checking Steam voice settings to see if my mic was selected, in case it wasn’t and it was causing the lag spike due to no mic being detected. It’s possible that the VR headset mic could’ve hijacked Steam and didn’t switch back, this would make sense because the other person I mentioned who had this issue also has one.

I’ll update here if that was the solution