Virus - Infected Payouts

I’ve played quite some Virus and it has got me thinking about the payouts, for the infected in particular. The mode, while fun for the survivors because of the extreme tension and awesome payouts (provided you can survive and top the board), there is practically no reason for the infected to play at all.

I’m not trying to undermine the mode, but; it needs to give some additonal payouts to the infected players to motivate them to try and infect the survivors.

• Alpha: You were the start of the infection! - 100 Units Payout [Creates Motivation to play as starting infected]

• Spreader: Spread the Virus throughout! (3-4 Max) - 25 per Infection (100 Total Units Payout) [The 3-4 max limit can help combat against farming]

• GOTCHA!: Infected the last survivor remaining! - 50 Units Payout (3 players required to enable bonus) [Pushes the Infected further to track and hunt the last prey]

I’m confident that this additonal change to the mode for Infected Players would help push them to avoid going AFK and actually motivate them to hunt down the remaining survivors. I’ve played plenty of big lobbies and usually, the player starting as infected in some cases would just sit there because of the lack of reason to actually go out and spread the infection (Currently, we’re sitting at 25 units for playing and 15(?) for spreading the virus. Hardly worth playing, if we minus the leaderboard based unit payouts).

If you have any additonal payout suggestions or tweaks to the current scoring, let your voice be heard. We must push the infected out from the shallow end and into the deep end, for the sake of game intergrity.

21 Likes

Totally. I just want to play and see the infected motivated to infect others. Too much AFKing and Host’s ending the game because they got infected. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

These are good ideas imo, @CrazyMikeComics made a similar topic but with other suggestions. All of them would work well :smiley:

3 Likes

The upcoming “Time survived” paired with these ideas could honestly make Virus way more fun than it is, at least on encouraging players to actually do good!

1 Like

I like this. I don’t think you get kills when you infect someone like in GMT. There’s no incentive to play as a virus because being a survivor can net you around 500 per round if you get the most kills.

2 Likes

Which is why I’m pushing to remove that most kills award, while also trying to level viruses payout to put a balance between the two.

edit: just relized this wasn’t my thread haha :sweat:

This is a really good idea. I didn’t even consider this, I could add this onto my payout suggestions thread if you want.

1 Like

There is already a first infected bonus, but in-game it is half the reward as your idea.

1 Like

Hey. I’ve just been looking at my screenshots, the reward for being the first infected is only worth 25 units.

Go ahead. Virus will need as much tuning possible so that both sides of the game are fair

I just edited it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Alright. Well, let’s hope someone from Pixel can find some reasoning behind my suggestion. It would be nice if even one or two of the suggestions could make it in.

You shouldn’t be paid more for infecting the last survivor when hes on his own. There is less of a challenge in infecting him.

I’m agree with this :smiley:

1 Like

The whole point of the ‘GOTCHA’ is to encourage competition among the Infected too.

1 Like

I definitely agree with this. Whenever I play as the first infected, I usually get absolutely destroyed so there isn’t much incentive to play as it is. I would love an additional payout for that.

1 Like

Totally. One game in particular pitted me as the ‘alpha’ twice in a row. I’ve seen people go 3-4 times in a row with the starting infected. The motivation was totally removed on the 2nd start, considering it was clear from the get go that my chances of Units was pretty much erased during those rounds. :frowning:

I’m considering them.

4 Likes

Awesome. We’d be grateful for the changes, so long as the infected can get some kind of reward(s) changes thrown into the mix. :wink:

I have, in the upcoming 0.1.0.8 release, added these suggested payouts.

I have added:

Patient Zero - You successfully spread the virus. (5-200 Units, based on player count)
Biohazard - You infected {num} survivors (max 3). (25 * {num} Units)
Bringer of Death - Infected the last survivor remaining. (50 Units)

8 Likes