TU Tabletop simulator sessions?

Would anyone here be interested in playing Tabletop sim together, preferably on the weekends? If so, what games?

I suggest the classic games, Bang, Carcassonne, Portal: The Uncooperative Cake Acquisition Game, maybe even some gambling games (until Mac fixes poker, anyway :stuck_out_tongue: ), but I can learn any other game if needed.

I’m down. I rarely play it since I only have one friend that has it and he’s not too crazy about it, so we rarely play. Also, I’ve only ever even heard of one of those games. I have basically four go-to games, Fluxx, Launch, Greed, and Blokus. I love Fluxx so much, that I actually bought a physical deck just for the hell of it.

So… does that mean you’d join, or…?

Oh, whoops. Meant to write down, not done. lol.

1 Like

This sounds really fun, but i’m not sure if I could ever make it to one of these sessions, mostly due to my crippling shyness.

No, that’s not a Boo joke either, i’m genuinely pretty shy, and have a hard time doing new things.

Yes, I know this is the internet and I shouldn’t have an excuse to be shy about anything, i’m just always kinda scared of making a fool of myself.

1 Like

I have cripplingly bad social anxiety disorder, so I’m right there with you. This just sounds like fun, though. You should definitely come. Maybe we could help each other.

2 Likes

I’d love to have you two on board pun not intended, shyness or not.

While I’m not that shy of a person myself, I know the fear of screwing up and breaking people’s expectation. You wouldn’t have to worry about that, however, as we’d keep a friendly atmosphere.
Don’t want to use the mic? No problem. Made an impossible move? We point it out and explain how to correct it. Don’t understand the rules? Just ask.

Actually, because we all like different games, asking about the rules and screwing up from time to time should be the norm, even more so when playing a new game. And even then, screwing up is normal and because everyone you’d be playing with would be 100% fine with it, you wouldn’t have to fear it. Playing the top strategies wouldn’t be a priority either. Imagine playing a board game with your classmates for the first time. (Or, since I’m a dirty weeb, some sort of a fancy anime school gaming club members)

Hell, if it’d help you, we could start with something simple, or cooperative and move onto other games later. Maybe it’d help with the RL shyness too. :slight_smile:

Don’t know about him but I just get super nervous in any kind of social situations. Hell, I get nervous around family members that I don’t see too often. Social anxiety disorder is a bitch like that. It’s not even a matter of being bad or not. Couldn’t care less about that.

Ah, I see.
… I feel like an idiot now. Shouldn’t write posts late in the night. :d
Anyway, my point still stands, at least partially- friendly atmosphere, not taking things too seriously, etc would still be prominent factors in the sessions, so that anyone can feel welcome and have a good time.

So, what timezones do you guys live in and when are you usually available? I’m in +1, but I could wake up early/ go to bed late, on weekends, if necessary. That is, if you’re going to join.
@balianthemighty @ToxicBoo

I’m in -5. And I’m available basically whenever since I don’t have a job and also have a pretty damn erratic sleep schedule.

EDIT: Just out of curiousity, I looked up your steam profile to see where you are from and holy shit, wouldn’t have guessed you were a Czech. You’re English is really good for a non-native speaker.

1 Like

Oh wow, thanks! Hearing something like this from a (practically) stranger makes me really happy.
As to my english, the theory I roll with is that videogames and the internet taught me most of it, as I’ve been spending all my free time on those things ever since… what, the 3rd grade?

Yep, that’s the beauty of the internet.

My time zone is Mountain standard, but i’m not exactly sure where that puts my time compared to your time.
Either way, I also have a lot of free time due to having an erratic sleep schedule.

Mountain time is -7, so you’re 2 hours behind me and 8 hours behind him

1 Like

If you guys are fine with it, my friend @hammy bought TTS today, and wouldn’t mind joining. He’s in +1 as well, so if we’re sticking to weekends, we could play during (your) Friday or Saturday evenings, after me and Hammy wake up on Saturday/Sunday mornings, or during (our) Saturday or Sunday evenings, which would be afternoons for you. I’d vastly prefer the second option, so no-one would have to get up early or stay up late, but the first one is possible as well.

Depending on the exact times, any of those work for me. Friday evenings are a bit less convenient, as that’s the only day I have any kind of commitment. Basically, I’m available after around 8-9 pm on Fridays, and all day Saturday and Sunday.

Edit: also, one of my friends (who is also has TU but isn’t on the forums much) is interested in joining us. Saturday evening is best for him and he’s in -7 just like toxic.

The reason I’d prefer your afternoons/our evenings is mostly sleeping. If we were to meet during your evening (Let’s say Toxic’s 11 PM), it’d be (7) 8 AM for us, but 1 AM for Balian, and I don’t think that’s good for anyone. On the other hand, Toxic’s 2 PM would be 4 PM for Bal and (10) 11 PM for us, which is IMO much more sensible.

I hope I didn’t mess that up.

EDIT: Oh yeah, we’re also on Summer time. That means an additional hour for us, but it’s going to be ending soon. You guys on Summer time as well?

Yeah, daylight savings time ends November 7th here. And yeah, that does make more sense. I’ll just give my friend a link to this thread and he can join in on the discussion. He does have an account here, he just rarely uses it.

So, you guys have time tomorrow’s/next weekend’s afternoon?