PSA For Those Afraid To Like Posts

By the passive aggressive remarks, I was referring to the comments you make that are subtle digs. Eg: “Seems like you didn’t see what I did there.” I can’t read it without imagining an immature snotty tone.

That argument on tone is really just semantics. Nothing is really ever that black or white. I wasn’t trying to say that text has NO tone at all. Just that verbal communication has the full package. And by package I mean everything that comes with voice communication. If you seriously don’t know what I mean here, or are somewhat in disbelief; you really need to go out and talk to more people.

I see you fighting me on topics I was not contesting and I am starting to get a little confused. It’s starting to feel like you just want to pick apart every little thing you can? Or is there a method to the madness here? Arguments like these that are over semantics can be extremely boring and hardly anybody wants to read them. :sweat_smile:

Grammar Nazi PS: It would be “arguments,” not “argumentations.”

Pretty much everyone finds things easier to follow if they can read it repeatedly. Nobody will disagree with you there, that’s how us humans are. (This is a psychology study ->) If you see something once, you will probably forget about it entirely in 7 days. If you see it twice, once one day, and once in 2-3 days… It will probably last you 3 weeks before you forget about it. See it at third time ~a week later and it will probably last in your brain for 3+ months. If you constantly remind yourself about things you are much more likely to remember them, and remember them for a longer time. This goes hand in hand with rereading something that someone says, because you can pick up more on the things they are trying to say.

Have you ever had a conversation with someone IRL and after finishing the convo you go over what you two were talking about again; only to realize that there were some much better replies that you could have said? That’s because you were ‘rereading’ it in your head afterwards. In real life you don’t have 2 minutes to reread the persons message over and over. So it generally (not going to say always because I know you’ll fight me over the semantics) requires more skill and quicker reactions.

I never said voice convos are “easier to follow.” Thats a misinterpretation and I would agree text is much easier to follow than voice. My point is that there is more content to voice conversations and you can pick up on more things. It sounds to me like most of your interactions are done through computers and not through face-to-face interactions. In real life we don’t all have several minutes to type and need to come up with replies much quicker than that.

The majority of important interactions (and by ‘important interactions’ I mean things that better a person as a whole [Eg: Job opportunity, hanging out with friends, going to a party, talking with a mate/life partner, etc:]) that people have are face-to-face conversations. And you don’t have the time to reread the script over and over again. It’s worth getting out of your comfort zone and doing the tougher things because they get easier the more you do them (and you get more comfortable doing them too!).

I’m not sure I entirely understand the point of this post. Care to enlighten me?

Taking this straight from the forum guidelines: “If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.”

Trolling at the speed of light… What a dick thing to say dude. Lets see how many of the forum guidelines you violated:

1. “Improve the Discussion” - Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.
  2. “Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree”
  3. “Keep It Tidy” - Don’t post no-content replies.
  4. “Your Participation Counts” - Let’s try to leave our park better than we found it.
    4/7 forum rules violated - 57.1% of rules

That’s just spam and it’s not only childish, but rude and offensive as well. I don’t go into your topics and talk crap, so please be considerate and don’t do that to mine. The saying, “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” comes to mind when I read rude comments like this.

If the topic is still going, there’s obviously still some content being discussed. If you’re not going to join in, just move on. This topic was doing nothing to hurt you so why would you chime in with that comment? Posting something like this is just flaming and nobody wants you here if that’s all you have to say.

Yes you can, and you should. Any post that violates the forum rules is fair game for being flagged. I would definitely agree that his behavior seems pretty troll’y. The only reason that I could imagine someone posting a comment like that is to incite anger and negative reactions.

We have answered this question several times throughout this discussion. You can read through it further if you would like a more conclusive response. I never said people have to like things and you have completely misunderstood me. All I was intending to do with this post is to suggest people view posts objectively and without bias.

To copy and paste the answer I have given to the others taunting me with the same question: “It’s the content of someones post that should matter, not the person who posted them.” I am not trying to tell people how to live their life, just suggesting they view posts maturely and without bias. It’s in literally everybody’s best interest. Even newbs deserve a like if they make a quality post.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. :thumbsup: