New Condo Map: Underwater Home

it was shown in the last(?) stream. It’s pretty big and features two floors, a basement and a surface area

It’s even bigger now. The central condo you have all already seen. I am also in the process of adding four additional “satellite condos”. This will allow the map to be utilized in the upcoming community condos system. For example, Players can have their own homes in the smaller satellite condos, and everyone can have a shared community center in the central condo. Or, if you are alone, it just means you have a lot more floor space, and a lot more to explore in general.

All five of the structures are accessible in two ways. The first way is to go on a walk on the ocean floor from one condo to another. Each condo structure has an airlock to get in and out of the condos, and you can freely explore the ocean floor. Additionally, there are islands of hexagonal shaped panels on the ocean surface. There exists a building platform like this on the surface above each of the five structures, connected by bridges. Each platform has its own elevator that descends into its associated condo.

17 Likes

Thanks, Johanna

3 Likes

This just keeps sounding better and better. I can’t wait!

Whenever I look at the new Underwater Condos, I can’t help but to think of Sealab 2021

lol I keeping think of subnautica

1 Like

[ul][li]“Community Condos” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

12 Likes

“Community Condos has been checked off” I’m so excited for this one :smiley:

1 Like

[ul][li]“Airlock Networking/client-replication” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

10 Likes

[ul][li]“Secondary elevators networking/client-replication” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

8 Likes

[ul][li]“Primary elevator networking/client-replication” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

6 Likes

boi
ELEVATORS

1 Like

[ul][li]“Underwater effects functionality” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

7 Likes

[ul][li]“Ocean floor art pass” has been checked off on the “Checklist” checklist.[/li][/ul]

8 Likes

[ul][li]The attachment “Platform1.jpg” has been added to the card.[/li][li]The attachment “SatelliteCondo.jpg” has been added to the card.[/li][li]The attachment “MainCondo.jpg” has been added to the card.[/li][/ul]

7 Likes

[ul][li]The attachment “OceanFloor1.jpg” has been added to the card.[/li][li]The attachment “OceanFloor2.jpg” has been added to the card.[/li][/ul]

7 Likes

This place just keeps getting better and better. I cannot wait!

we are so close! you can do it, devs!

Well, in this case it’s dev, singular. I’m the only one working on it. :slight_smile:

I’m working as hard as I can to get this out to you guys. It was a big effort. The first map to truly have been built for not only single players, but community condos as well. Fully functional elevators and airlocks. A large area of ocean floor that is fully explorable. Surface platforms to build structures on. I hope when it’s done that people will be happy with it; It’s certainly been a lot of work.

12 Likes

Oh, wow. You’re definitely taking all my 600,000 units for free confirmed :smiley:

By the way is there going to be any hidden eggs in the ocean :open_mouth: