Jobs for players

So I would like the devs to add an options for players to have jobs to make money. Like they complete tasks for their job, and earn money. Or, just do their job, and get paid an “hourly” rate, or similar.

This would be way better than having to grind out all of the Games. It would also give players another option to obtain money because right now, their is only a couple ways, and that is through competitive games as I said, and I don’t think everyone fits that category. So, if you give people jobs, such as flipping burgers or anything really, it will be enticing to new players, and a draw to the current players.

So please add this. To be honest, I would like to see this put in more than Workshop Support, because I get annoyed that it takes me hours to get a lot of money.

Thank you,
Kyle

This has been suggested many times before. Search the forums before you post. :slight_smile:

3 Likes
3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s been said that mundane jobs such as flipping burgers wouldn’t be in TU, since it’s a place for fun and relaxation, rather than working.

Also if it’s taking you hours to get “a lot of money”, how much are you trying to get? A few hours of grinding should be enough to get just about anything, save for some of the super expensive items.

Well I’m basically a cop since the release of the game, with the outfit + aviators + confetti gun, etc. I walk around helping others and arresting people who don’t have fun.

I can’t wait to have a special room for monitoring all these cameras throughout the plaza and hiding cameras in people’s condos, to… keep an eye on suspicious activities :smirk:

(seriously tho, check the other topics about the subject)

Whoops. That is my bad. But if there are already like 3 posts on it, then they should add it. Just saying:slight_smile:

It took me a long time to get 100k. But I am getting better at the games. I just wish there was more

That’s only 4 people, (including you) with a total of 6 votes on them. About 100 people play this game every day, besides the devs have said that they aren’t interested. It may come far down the line, but it’s by no means planned to be any time soon. Your best bet, will probably be workshop content.

In my opinion, some people are trying to make this game into a ‘life’ simulator. I think jobs would take some of the fun out of Tower, depending on what you mean… If you mean jobs as in standing in a store all day, and only making money when someone makes a purchase or on an hourly basis, no, this would be boring and could introduce people being AFK in the shop to get more Units.

On the other hand, if you mean occasional jobs, for example, there could be a job/quest NPC, and it could give you jobs such as, “I lost my pet turtle near the boardwalk, could you find it for me for 200 Units?”, then I think that this would be the best way to approach implementing jobs into Tower. But, like I said before, only implement jobs if they are fun, and not boring.

One last thing, I’m not trying to ‘hate’ on your idea, but Tower Unite should be left as a fun and exciting experience, not a Toy Shop simulator. Sorry for the long reply!

3 Likes

Now that’s an interesting idea right there. Having a job/quest NPC would be great, especially if they could use it to introduce people to Tower Unite. It would give you some starting cash, have you explore the plaza, maybe put some stuff down in your condo. It sounds like a pretty nice thing to have.

2 Likes

It could let you earn some extra units, and could also act as a sort of tour guide for the Plaza. Do you think I should create a separate thread for it?

1 Like

yes

Yeah that is the kind of jobs I would like to have as well. Obviously, flipping burger’s isnt a job I would actually enjoy, I just thought of it off the top of my head. But they would also have to add walking N0C’s and such, which would be even more work than they currently have ahead of them. So if jobs ever gets added, it will be a really long time away. I just wish there was another way to earn credits other than games.

I think it would be worth it to make a thread for it :thumbsup: