[Zombie Massacre] Limit the helicopter extraction to the final round

I know I sorta suggested this in a different thread, but I want to make it into a proper suggestion.

I think the rescue helicopter should only arrive after the players beat the final wave/boss of the last round and every day before that should end with a generic “Good work, but more zombies are coming tomorrow…” message. (or even a countdown of sorts, like “Good work. Rescue arrives in _ days.”

This would greatly improve immersion, make the intro text actually make sense (“Rescue arrives in 6 days”) and help the final extraction feel much more cool and deserved. Also, how @Arkive86 noted, it would also remove a pointless additional task from every single round: [quote=“Arkive86, post:3, topic:27263, full:true”]
This also makes more sense from a gameplay perspective. Once the heli arrives, you already have to kill all the remaining zombies; is there any sort of fail condition once the last zombie is killed? If not, I see no reason in making the players do an extra objective before ending the day.
[/quote]

There is a reason for this.

The text for the intros is work in progress. It’s going to change.

The story is that you are a team of survivors, part of a bigger group, who is landing to get supplies and keep the area safe for the day. At the end you board the helicopter and return back to rest.

The helicopter also serves as a way to end the round. Having just text appear and it goes to the next screen is unfulfilling.

11 Likes

Ah, alright.