Your Favourite Christmas Songs

I’m making a playlist of Christmas Songs, and I’d like to see what others point to as some of the best. I’m also hoping for some more obscure, along with the iconic stuff. My list starts with this gem, an absolute classic:

3 Likes

you aalready chose the best one
this one alright

this version is better

also this one

FUCK IT, ALL OF THE YOGSCAST CHRISTMAS SONGS / PARODY’S

5 Likes

it’s in danish but still counts right?

1 Like

You can’t just include yogscast not not have this:

great choices though : )
1 Like
1 Like

A classic always stay a classic

1 Like

Oh my god we have a winner

Yessss! I would’ve said Minecraft Christmas. As someone who cares a lot about their online friends, I relate to this one a lot. :white_heart:

2 Likes

This will always be my all time favorite christmas song ever, from an awesome childrens movie i used to watch back in the 90’s.

2 Likes

Though I’m not Finnish, I love Raskasta Joulua’s stuff (their name literally translates to “Heavy Christmas”. My personal favourite is their rendition of “Enkelikello”

Also, from their acoustic album, “Heinella Harkien Kaukalon”

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

i am deeply ashamed of you all for not having posted this yet.

2 Likes

I was SO happy no one had actually posted it because it’s everywhere. Spent too many holidays working in retail with pop music over speakers. 3 months out of the year hearing this song up to 10 times a day, it does not hold up.
All I want for christmas is for mariah carey to stop yelling at me

2 Likes

Forgot about this gem somehow, here’s one for the DW fans:

To be fair, I did post a different version of that song.

1 Like

I think they were refering to “All I Want For Christmas Is You” as the song the were glad nobody was posting, and the song they provided was just their unexplained contribution.

2 Likes

Also, fun fact, Tran Siberian Orchestra’s rendition is only based on “Carol of the Bells”. Their rendition is titled “Christmas Eve / Sarajevo 12-24” and the original recording was first published on an album of their other, non-Christmas centric band, “Savatage”, which was arguably one of the first symphonic metal bands.

2 Likes

yeah I meant MC’s song. I just posted my favourite song to not be a total scrooge.

1 Like

Nah, it’s not strictly Carol of the Bells. It also mixes in parts of God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen.

1 Like