Will tu ever go mainstream?

This topic feels like it’s gone down a negative route. It’s all speculation and trying to view random Youtubers in a bad light. You guys remember the name of the game? Tower Unite. Let’s not focus on divides in the communities or try to establish elitist OG clubs, okay?

11 Likes

when people do the “we are a family” type roleplay stuff like in fresh in the first video it makes my spine shudder with pain, disgust and cringe. (just my opinion and reaction though.

If TU gets big like that i hope its not full of RP people, i rather justs a spread of bunch of different people so it will be diverse and you can find people you can relate to.

Are you sure??

i really hope tu goes mainstream it would help alot to have more people in the community

3 Likes

Yeah, same. I have explained some reasons why I wouldn’t but honestly, I would love it when the full release is out

Personally, I think that the more players the game gets, the better.
A bigger playerbase would mean more people to interact with and explore the creations of, more publicity, more money coming in and more interest. All of that could help increase TU’s lifespan and perhaps even scope or frequency of updates.
Or maybe I just want to see the game succeed.

2 Likes

I think it’d be absolutely amazing! Game deserves the popularity!

To be fair, that’s the jolly joe gamer.

1 Like

I feel like it could massively benefit from it, however I do like the benefits of having a small niche community together. I practically know a ton of folks more now who are pretty cool who I normally see on a daily basis. My main concern with a larger base is the possible chance of toxicity to increase (but that’s always going to be a issue with every fandom).

1 Like

I’m really on the fence. I really really want this game to prosper, I want to see more players in the game, but I don’t want the game to loose it’s face. Right now it’s like a small town, you know everyone and get along for the most part. But if more players join then you will stop seeing people as individuals and more as just the crowd. Also if the game does get big enough that means more devs, which is a good thing, but it’s also nice to have devs that are involved in the community instead of dev_mapper_06.

3 Likes

A larger player base is always good in the long run. Easier to meet and make new friends. Easier to find games to play. The plaza being full of people would be much better than an empty plaza.

I don’t think it would split the playerbase as people would make friends with more people they haven’t met.

I strongly believe in Tower Unite being a unique game that all players could enjoy. But it’s not done yet.

12 Likes

look at the shitshow that happened when yogscast/uberhaxornova played GMT. people were complaining back on the gmt forums for virtually no fucking reason back then because they felt like their entitlement was being destroyed.

personally i’d love tower to go mainstream because i loved going into gmt back then and finding pretty much different people to talk to and meet every time, met alot of good friends and even some of my best friends now from that stuff and it was awesome. the game is meant to be a social game and well if you don’t want the game to become popular you really just don’t understand the point of the lobby in general (not directed at op, just in general to anyone).

4 Likes

I agree,

At the end of the day, its a social game, and to not let any new players/ let the game go mainstream is honestly the opposite of social, if we enjoy the games, condos, and the plaza, thousands if not hundreds of thousands of of others should enjoy them too.

5 Likes