Will Theater screen fit in free condo basement?

I’m just wondering if I can fit the theater screen, or if I’ll have to make due with a large tv for setting up a little theater in the basement of my free condo. Here’s a picture of the wall I’d like to fit a screen on:

I doubt it will be able to fit in there unless you resize it, might wanna try and find out just how large the theater screens are before you go ahead and buy one.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I’m trying to figure out. How would I go about resizing it? I just started playing today, so I’m still getting the basics down.

Well there was an update some time ago that gave us all free tools that allow us to do alot of stuff like resizing our furniture, you should already have been given these tools when you first started the game, or some time around there.

They can be found in your inventory in the equipables section then to equip it you just drag and drop said tool into your item bar and press the key for the slot you put the item in.

1 Like

Just to add onto this, you could also just use a wall-mountable TV, and resize it to be bigger, rather than spending whole lot more Units on a theater screen.

Now that you say that, I think I may have seen them in there.

This wouldn’t cause any troubles with displaying videos?

I did what Gurmble said (resize a wall mount TV) to fit my “”“home theater”"" (heavy quotations) It might fit better both due to the size and the fact that the theater might have a different aspect ratio,because 99% of movie theater screens are wider so if you want more of a theater feel you could get the big screen but resizing is the most affordable option, I also recommend using concrete wall pieces painted black so it’s darker in the room, helps with the contrast.

(Pro tip: don’t use the projector, because its dim around the edges of the screen and kinda sucks a whole lot because it has barely any range)

Well you’re in luck Plokit, changing the size of the video player wont change anything other than just how large the image is, so you could change your theater screen to ten times its normal size and you will just get a really big picture.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, painting the walls black.

And I think I’ll take the more affordable route if I’m going to be downsizing it anyways.

I didn’t plan on using a projector, as it wouldn’t really fit anywhere convienent with how I want to set it all up, but thanks for the tip.

So the aspect ratio will always stay the same when resizing? It won’t cause any distortion of the image?

Ya aspect ratio will stay the same since both the height and the width of the media player will change, so if you took a TV and doubled it in size the aspect ratio would be exactly the same, same would happen if you changed its size to 0.5.

So if you say go into the graphics settings and set the video resolution to load at 1080p then it will keep loading it at 1080p no matter how large or small you make the screen.

Image doesn’t distort either since the media player is just a resizeable flat “window” that shows whatever thing you want it to show.
I think there’s only one piece of furniture that does any kind of picture distortion due to how it’s shaped, which is the old mans tv from rob’s imports.

1 Like

Alright. I just didn’t know if you could resize the height and width independently from each other. If they adjust together, then that’s perfect. I think I’ll just resize either a wall mountable tv or the large tv.

I believe the scale tool adjust all scales together. That said, the next update is bringing new movement tools for easier item placement, rotation, and scaling on each axis.

1 Like

The item placement is actually really similar to a game I used to play, so I like it. The only thing I don’t like is how in order to make a small movement, you basically have to re-place the whole object because every time you click on it to move it, it flies to where ever your mouse is.

1 Like

Yeah that is one of my biggest issues with it as well. Can’t wait for more precise item placement :smiley:

1 Like

WEll you can make it smaller

I figured that out lol. I think I’m going to go with the cheaper option, and get a large tv and make it bigger.