Why were the 5 legacy donor items also for backers now?

I’m not trying to start a massive argument here. I just want to know why ? What was the reason to make the legacy items for backers too?

7 Likes

I’m not even going to be able to get them but this is kind of stupid. I’d want them Legacy only.

3 Likes

Well what makes us old GMT donators more special then the TU backers? We payed back then do help them keep the servers alive while the backers payed whatever amount of money to make TU a reallity. So yeah backers = donors.

They’re separate. Backers often got rewards (case in point) for the new game. Legacy donors, while they got rewards, they’re now nullified by the new game. They also mostly DONATED, as in, not wanting a reward, just doing it to be nice. The backers, while you could say it’s donating, it’s backing. That means they were paying to see a project be made, rather than support a free experience to keep it alive like the GMT donors.

3 Likes

I’m kind of disappointed too, but at the end of the day it isn’t that big an issue. We’re still getting the items after all, and that’s what matters. The optimistic part of me hopes that this means there’ll be MORE items made just for Donors (VIP glow anyone?) but that probably won’t happen. Even so, I’m incredibly happy that the old trophies and stuff are returning, so whatever.

1 Like

I don’t really need a vip glow but something like a veteran tag would be more the enough for me

1 Like

You donated in GMT to support, not for items. Items were complimentary.

1 Like

Because without the backers, there wouldn’t be Tower Unite.

Backers are donors. The difference is when they donated, that’s all. The issue is, imagine being a backer and then being told that you, the person who made the project a thing and donated to it, cannot get items that donors from the previous game get. Is that fair? So we decided that the backers get the exclusive items as well. They’re still exclusive items that no one but supporters of PixelTail Games can get.

It basically came up because we started porting the old trophies over and realized quickly that the backers backed at $15 to get a single trophy, but the legacy donors (who didn’t back Tower Unite) got 10 trophies. Just doesn’t seem fair.

We’re giving these items to Legacy Donors as a thankful gesture.

If it matters, Legacy Donors will be the only ones to get the VIP basket.

To add on as a final note about this whole thing, I am personally tired of exclusive items. No one ever seems to be happy no matter which way they go.

14 Likes

Can legacy donors at least get some personal identification? Like a tag or the old glow from GMT as stated above? I just want something on me to say “I was here from the beginning.” Kinda like TF2 with the grizzled veteran badges.

As a backer, not a donor, but been around since lobby 1. If backers are donors, are donors not also backers in a way? Like I got what I paid for already I’m happy, just think you should do something for the old VIPs. How many were there?

1 Like

We are doing something for old VIPs. This is us doing something for them. And there’s over 8k of them.

3 Likes

No tags, sorry.

Anyways, I’ve said what I needed to say about the matter.

Okay that’s a lot and makes more sense. I’m kinda tired of exclusive stuff too tbh. I just wanted the game, got the game, thanks for making it fun! <3

Sorry for this kind of posting in a topic which is all done, but that would not be a very accurate description for legacy donors. Just a notice.
People who were here from the beginning =/= People who supported Pixeltail Games.
And yes, I am only saying this because I have been here since the second GMTower but never got to donating or backing. :blush:
What I wanna say is that it can just be heavily misunderstood. I know Mac mentioned there wont be any titles like these anyway, buuuuut…

People who donated to GMT got items in GMT

People who backed TU get items in TU

Ok? Ok.

1 Like

Sums up pretty much everything, and makes sense too.

The main reason I’m bummed about this is the fact that all backers get the donor items, but not all donors get the backer items. And as a donor, I have donated the same amount of money as many of the backers. Yet I get less than the backers. Even though I supported you guys YEARS AGO. Who knows, PixelTail might not have even made it to the IndieGogo if people weren’t donating to GMT the entire way. I would like to think I helped support PixelTail Games as well. We were the foundation for PixelTail Games. The backers that came afterwards were the beams and supports.

If you’re going to give backers the donor items, then it would be fair to give donors the backer items.

I would have happily backed the IndieGogo, and was 100% intending to do so. However, the IndieGogo ended 2 days before my pay day. And there was absolutely no way to get in after it was over. (I even asked) So I was shit out of luck and unable to back you guys, even when I had every intention of doing so.

There’s nothing more disappointing than wanting to back a game, only to find it ended less than 48 hours ago. The money was just sitting there, waiting for you guys to take it. But suddenly my money wasn’t wanted anymore.

1 Like

As good your point is, this is most likely never gonna happen. Backers are getting more stuff because they were there for the team when they needed them the most. Donators on the other hand, had no direct influence on TU.
Also, what does the 15$ tier get that legacy donors could also get? 15$ tier gets alpha access, steam copy and Golden Backer Trophy. Alpha Access is no longer relevant, you already have a steam copy of TU, and Backer Trophy can’t be given to a non-backer. Name on plaque, which is for all backers, is also a no-go, since it’s stated to be a backer thing.
Giving the things from above the 15$ tier would not work since legacy donors never paid more than that amount.

I wasn’t thinking all of the backer items, especially not the plaque. But things like the tag and weapons.

I’m really just extremely disappointed off I never got to back TU. The fact that it was so fucking short really pissed me off. I had every intention of backing it, and was never able to.

But to give the backers who never even stepped foot in lobby 1, a lobby 1 trophy… drops the mic

2 Likes