What was your favorite thing about Gmod Tower?

For those who haven’t checked their calendars,

Gmod tower will be shutting down today :cry:

Today, is the end.

Today, is the most important moment on GMT.

Today, we say our final goodbyes.

And today, Tower Unite releases on Steam Early Access! :smile:

It’s been a long six years, hasn’t it?

So please, tell me what your favorite thing/funny moment in GMT was! :slightly_smiling:

Here I will start

My favorite thing about GMT was the random community.

5 Likes

My favourite thing about GMT was the fact that it lead to Tower Unite.

4 Likes

My favorite thing about GMT was how much GMT revolutionized Garry’s mod.

4 Likes

My favorite thing about gmtower was how much it changed gmod and how different it was from other gamemodes[quote=“DingDongBerry, post:3, topic:4825, full:true”]
My favorite thing about GMT was how much GMT revolutionized Garry’s mod.
[/quote] I like this also

1 Like

The amount of personality, variety and passion it carries compared to other virtual word games. So many virtual worlds become nothing more than a chat room rendered in 3D or rot their own community by alienating the game with awful micro transactions and membership systems.

Tower is just about the game. No hassle. Just play the game.

Whats different about Tower is that the developers were just as passionate as the fans were. There was no big real life office complex (Aside from Mac’s apartment) and Mac didn’t eagerly receive his big 5 digit pay roll in the mail or anything like that.

Thats what made it special to me. This passion was what allowed the devolepers to produce some fun and creative gamemodes that will stay in the hearts of many players for years from now.

The fact it looks pretty freakin cool

1 Like

I got into it because of the huge amount of customization for the player and condo.

Also the fact the Yogscast did a mini series on it.

1 Like

Pushed the source engine to it’s full potential. Created a gamemode nobody else made, don’t think anybody else could have done it better.

1 Like

I’d have to say either Lobby 2 or the condos. Those were always my favorite things about Tower.

1 Like

I liked the customization and unique minigames. It’ll be sad that it’s gone, but what once was a caterpillar must turn into a butterfly.

2 Likes

My favorite part about GMT was the Lobby 1 map… though, I still was excited when Lobby 2 was announced.

1 Like

I loved it because I could be social and not have to leave my house. Also the gamemodes were really super impressive and the administration and team were really super cool. Have you heard my story about Master of Puppets?

From the GMT 5 year raffle thread

Okay, I sorta have a confession to go with this post here.

So, I was playing GMod Tower like years ago, before the servers shut down. Master of Puppets was around and I was gonna play a game of Virus since it was new and I wanted to try it out. So, during the game, I started o daydream and think about people who might have happened to enter the server with the same name as one of the admins or something, it was just a thought. Did it rename you or did you get a number next to your name or what? So, before I went back to the tower, I decided to change my name to “Master of Puppets”, to see what would happen. I had no intention of acting like an admin or anything, I just wanted to see what would happen.

Got back to the tower and hilarity ensued.

Everyone on the server was jumping around in their chairs going “Omg two MoPs” and there were contests and quizzes to find out the real one from the fake one. This continued for about thirty minutes, and there were two more Master of Puppets before it all ended.

The most memorable part of all this is when I decided to check into my suite.

I walked down the 1-5 hallway and found him staring at the floor, in all of his moderator glory, probably AFK. So I decide to inspect his playermodel. I get real close to him and in his line of sight and I start looking at his face, when a minute later he comes to life and the chat reads

Master of Puppets: YOU

Instinctively, any moderator who calls out at you in all caps is gonna make you shake in your boots. I lose it and make a dash for my suite and lock myself in. I lean against the door and sigh in relief when he noclips in to my suite and has me pinned against my door.

He wanted answers, explanations, anything to do with why I decided to share the same name with him. I wasn’t prepared to respond to this if he confronted me, but I decided to say “I just joined…”

He promptly said “Oh” and dropped the issue.

I’m actually suprised to say that I’m alive and well today.

Sorry MoP

Just being on the server, you never knew what kind of hilarious or strange thing would happen that day, largely in part to everything bein’ freakin awesome all the time.

2 Likes

how i met mac, the guy that i only knew from the big youtubers their videos, but now i actually communicated with the guy, mind was blown

also 22 DAYS TO FINISH THE ZELDA MAP? JEEZ, that’s impossible!

i’ll just use the unfinished version of it and make changes on it over time

My favourite thing about Gmod Tower was the random events and more Condos. Let’s hope they both make a nice return in Tower Unite :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The thing I loved the most about GMT was all the dedication and love PixelTail showed towards their project. Seeing so much support to a mod from their creators was simply awesome, and the fact they’re keeping this path with Tower Unite makes me even more excited.

3 Likes

All of a sudden I remember explaining gmtower to one of my friends like this: “It’s not really gmod anymore, it’s almost a game on it’s own”

1 Like

explaining gmt is near impossible

1 Like

I love the game worlds, they’re so much fun

My most favorite thing was Narnia in Lobby 1.

2 Likes

The most random moment is when Gmod Tower suddenly had a connection problem :open_mouth: :neutral_face: