What is the best site for hosting files?

I have a condo that I have put a lot of work into and I have a lot of assets. Custom Art, AI art, banners, headings, etc. One thing that concerns me though is that I have uploaded them all on a generic image website and I have no back ups. I would like to get them all redownloaded/reuploaded on a site that I have an actual account on and can organize my stuff and keep it all in one place. I would like a little flexibility on file size incase I ever want to upload a video or anything.

I know all the usual sites that people use but I am wondering if there is a general consensus amongst the community in terms of what works best for Towers.

3 Likes

I recommend catbox !! I and some friends have used it and it’s pretty rare to experience ‘image not loading’ problems- though I’m unsure if you can like. log on and access the images you uploaded anytime; i just upload images and grab the links to use them but you should look into it anyways!!

1 Like

Catbox is taking a long time to load stuff in the condos, that’s a pretty common problem with this website which is why I wouldn’t recommend it.

I usually use imgur for any images, in case imgur ever break (but I never had a single problem with it in a decade), I’d swap to Trello cards, their attachments have external links for you to use with the the canvases link field.

2 Likes

Imgur is your best bet for that. It lets you privately upload images to an account and then you can sort through them all or download them all whenever you’d like. It’s what I use for hosting since it’s fast and I’ve never had a single issue with it before.

Imgur does let you upload videos, but it’s not great frankly. If you’re looking to upload .webms to use in your condo media player, then I’d recommend Catbox since it has a larger upload size and can do .webms.

1 Like

I got “502 Bad Gateway” on the way to catbox.moe :frowning: