What GPU do the devs use?

My old AMD card fried itself at around 125 Degrees Celsius because I wasn’t paying attention.

Reread original post i’m talking about my watercooled R9 295X2

My statement still stands. And if your GPU is still reaching 100 Degrees CELSIUS, you need to check your loop, because 100 Degrees Celsius is the point at which water BOILS. But again, you refuse to say what temperature measurement you are using, so I have to assume 150 Degrees Fahrenheit, which for a computer is typical.

Sorry about the confusion, I was at a solid 7 when I was replying to this stuff,

The R9 295X2 runs at 100-150 degrees FAHRENHEIT, which is high for a water cooled card but average for an air cooled card. Sometimes when under load the card will go up to around 200ish and the highest i’ve seen is 205 which is dangerously close to the boiling point of water.

Everything about this card I see on the internet suggests that’s its normal under-water temperature at load. Which would make sense, as the R9 series cards run hot.

I’d seriously suggest talking to the manufacture, because unless you are wildly overclocking it, nothing on water should be running that hot.

you’re right the R9 series does run hot, I guess I was really only comparing temps to my friends nvidia card.

Will do, I’m also going to check my loop to make sure everything’s good.

Alright, so the AMD card I had previously just got completely fried down a few days ago (Yus!). I didn’t check how hot it was exactly, but I can say that it was way too hot for it to continue living. So I just got myself a GeForce GTX 750 Ti now, even that one’s better. I know that the 760 is even better, but I didn’t want to go too far with a GTX graphics card with just my Intel Core i5 CPU. And also 760 wasn’t available at my PC manufacturer.

To reply to this, I use an Intel HD 3000 most of the time to play G-mod, looks and runs fine :^)

But Garry’s Mod uses a modified 10+ year old engine. Nearly everyone can play it.