What game brought you to PC gaming?

I’ll just list all the games I have been dedicated to:

IL-2 Sturmovik games (2005-2010, 2014-Incumbent)
Lock-On Modern Air Combat (2008-2010)
Lock-On Flaming Cliffs (2008-2010)
DCS Ka-50 (2009-2010)
Quake 3 (2007-2009)
Call of Duty 1 (2009-2011)
Call of Duty: United Offensive (2009-2011)
Call of Duty 2 (2009-2011)
Team Fortress 2 (2011-2012)
Garry’s Mod (2012-2015)
Rocket League (2015-Incumbent)

It wasn’t particularly a game that brought me to PC gaming, but the consoles themselves. Story time:

Up until a few years ago, I was always a console gamer and never really knew the potential and openness of PC gaming, mainly as I had been given an original xbox when I was young which was my first experience with gaming, though the only game I had for it for quite some time was Halo: Combat Evolved. I then bought an Xbox 360, not realising at the time, that PC gaming was a thing, mainly as it was around the time that PC’s were becoming mainstream.

I was also naive and always thought that console was better than PC, mind you my only experience with PC gaming was minecraft. It wasn’t until the reveal of the next gen consoles that I started looking at PC gaming, mainly as the Xbox One looked undermining, with it focusing on the living room experience and I had never owned a playstation, so I had no interest in getting a PS4.

I got an Xbox One on launch, mainly for the exclusives, but even then it hasn’t really been used that much as even 2 years on, there is nothing that good for it, and even when I do play on it, I just stream it to my PC and play on that instead. Also, I was getting annoyed with having to pay £40 a year just to play online.

Ever since I’ve been a PC gamer, I’ve had more fun playing on PC, than I ever had on consoles and I really wish that I been introduced to PC gaming sooner…

So, I guess you could say that the game that brought me into PC gaming was GMOD, with its modding potential and limitless amount of fun and in turn GMT as it was one of my first gamemodes I played on GMOD and is really the only one I play nowadays.

I’m still a casual up to this day.

3 Likes

Started on them sweet RTS’s… Which as a kid, was hard as shit

Either it was
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a6/NFS_III_Hot_Pursuit_(PC,US%29_cover_art.jpg
or it was
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/af/Need_for_Speed
-_Porsche_Unleashed_Coverart.png

I don’t remember which one was first, but I played the shit out of both of them.

I originally started playing Super Mario Brothers on the NES, then migrated to these games, where I then moved across the country and started playing this new fangled game called RuneScape, and ever since RuneScape (with the exception of the Original Xbox and the Wii) I’ve been a PC gamer ever since.

1 Like

Woop Woop Stronghold Crusader

I played the original Xbox mostly before I played PC games.

EDIT: This is what brought me to Steam, not necessarily PC gaming.

Its great! Shame Stronghold Crusader 2 sucked…

But yeah I went from old Dial-up PC to PS2. Playing the classics like:
Jak 1,2,3
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/jakanddaxter/images/1/14/Jak_II_front_cover_(US).png/revision/latest?cb=20140609131252

Crash Nitro Kart

And loads more

Hamster Ball, Tycoon Lemonade, Digbsy Donuts. They were my three childhood PC games, if you count them. The REAL game that brought me into PC Gaming was Garry’s Mod. I remember watching this video about the idiots of Garry’s Mod and thought the animation were amazing and thought I could do it as well.

I ended up playing gamemodes like Zombie Survival on Chillzone, randoms, and Death legends. I played other gamemodes like this one PvP zombie with guns and deathrun…(oh god.) I miss those days. Now I play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and don’t have much time to playing too much in the afternoon and my parents wants me to focus on my studies. :frowning: