What do I need to upgrade to have a better experience?

I still run fine on my i5 650.

Alright, Iā€™ll see what I can do.
As long as I donā€™t have to play Tower Unite with almost all of the settings on low, then Iā€™ll be happy.

Hey!
Iā€™m coming to talk about mine! (Sorry @MaskedKatz). Since my birthday is coming soon TM, i may ask a new upgrade of my PC. Here are my specs: what do i need to upgrade to have a better play?

IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10Ghz
8 GO RAM
WINDOWS 7 PREMIUN FAMILY
64-bit OS
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Iā€™d go for a gpu upgrade though 16Gb of ram isnā€™t a bad idea.

Is that Windows 7 Home Premium?

And Iā€™d mostly go for a RAM upgrade, preferrably 16 GB as your edition of Windows doesnā€™t support more than 16 GB RAM.

Yes home premium my english is fcked sorry :3

Also depends on how much your upgrade can cost of course. Ram upgrade would be the cheapest. Also the windows 10 free upgrade time is getting close to ending so you might want to do that sooner or later.

Speaking of the upgrade, should I do it? I already have it on my laptop, so I could keep Win7 on my current PC. Also I am afraid that some of my older games will completely stop working, as they need some trickery to get running on 7 even.

Older games might run into an upgrade but if theyā€™re not that demanding you could run a virtual machine.

if you have demanding games you can virtualise them using KVM and GPU passthrough. Thatā€™s what I did. My machine runs Fedora 23 and I have a Win8.1 VM. I use my iGPU (Intel HD Graphics 4600) for my Linux host and I passthrough my GTX 970 to the VM. I can switch between OSs easily. Hereā€™s a good tutorial for doing that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16dbAUrtMX4

An alternative would be to dual-boot. That means you partition your HDD and install Windows 10 and Windows 7 on the same HDD. Whenever you boot your PC you can choose your desired operating system. Here is a tutorial for doing just that: http://www.howtogeek.com/197647/how-to-dual-boot-windows-10-with-windows-7-or-8/