What about paid members?

I purchased a membership for GMOD Tower a while ago, not sure how much, between £10-£15 and I wanted to relive the memory only to find the servers were down, now I see this and the first thing I ask is, well, what about the money? I know you’re on the way to porting all of the GMT stats to TU, but what about the members?

I’m not begging, but what happens? you say no microtransactions, so I doubt there’s a membership ingame, but would we get a free copy? or is there going to be special features ingame?

I’m not mad, it just came as a shock. I like the look of the game, but I’m just curious.

Thanks!

2 Likes

People who donated to GMod Tower before the August 2015 cutoff will receive 5 exclusive in-game items, a special condo room, and a community item that was selected here.

There is no membership in Tower Unite, just the $14.99 purchase.

4 Likes

Caboose is right. He’s pretty official man.
But, even if you don’t like the Legacy Donor rewards, please consider getting the game anyway? It’s REALLY FUN! Like, really, really fun. I super recommend it. Even in it’s Early Access state it’s super rad.

I’d like to take the time here to explain what this means more in-depth because we haven’t done any explaination of the sort.

The condo room (or the condo room tweak or the condo tweak as many people have been calling it) most likely won’t be a thing until we finish the condo editor (which we’re still discussing where it goes on the roadmap, if at all). It’s a VERY small thing, nothing huge. We don’t want to give donors this huge tweak that no one else can use.

3 Likes

There was never any membership, it was a donation.

I was thinking in the tower there was going to end up being a building shop thing where those mysterious reflective glass panes are in the tower lobby ground floor. Like, a shop where you can buy condo modifications for a big price, say replace beach with the old one with the end off the tower, or change the ocean behind and beside condo to a forest, for a big price.