Weird Voice Chat Bug

EDIT: This bug has been resolved, I believe.

Me and my friends have noticed a weird bug with the in-game voice chat.

Sometimes when someone too far from you talks a lot and then comes into your area, everything they said over the course of anywhere from like 30 seconds to 5 minutes begins playing constantly so it sounds like they are nonstop talking. The mic icon does not appear when this happens.

Places I’ve noticed it at:
In the Suite condo while in the attic and the other talkers were in my living room. One talker came in and both me and my friend heard it.
In the Arcade with a bunch of people. A group was playing Trivia. Afterward, they joined with us and all of us saw the bug in action and were confused by it.

4 Likes

This issue is still persistent as of version 0.13.4.2. It is hard to get evidence since it doesn’t happen all the time, but it is easier to replicate on high pop servers with people talking.

Issue still present as of 08/21/21.

It seems to also occur from moving players. I had a group of players come from Trivia to the Arcade and you could hear their dialogue throughout their entire game start playing from the start. Its strange the servers are even storing the VOIP data long enough to play it back to someone 5-10 minutes later.

My other friends notice it when I do, so its not just me.
Leaving the server and reconnecting it is the only way to fix it.

We are still investigating issues with it. It seems to be a bug with Steam’s VOIP systems, but we are looking into ways to resolve it.

2 Likes

I’ve been having this issue for a while as well… however I’ve had it in games, I can confirm I’ve had it in Virus and Little Crucaders. Game VC doesnt fade out so I don’t know what causes it, but I assume its the same steam VOIP issue the devs are looking into.