Weekly Dev Log for September 27th, 2021

Weekly Dev Log for September 27th, 2021

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for September 27th, 2021, detailing all the changes that have happened since September 20th, 2021. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

August / September 2021 Survey Results!

Thank you again to everyone who participated in our survey. We had a whopping 6,700+ responses!

You can view the results of this survey here.

August / September 2021 Art Contest Results!

The art contest has concluded, and the results are in!

So, the results are:

1st place - 1,000,000 Units: Pepo
2nd place - 750,000 Units: RPDak
3rd place - 500,000 Units: kivsune
4th place - 250,000 Units: NylaBlue
5th place - 150,000 Units: Ryanonline

As with all of our contests, every participant also won 75,000 Units for participating. Thank you again for everyone who participated in the contest, and for those who voted!

October 2021 Halloween Condo Contest BEGINS!

As we’ve done in the past, the theme for October’s contest is Halloween!

Feel free to interpret that how you like, whether that means making a haunted forest maze, a creepy basement, a chill Halloween party, or anything else, so long as it follows the rules and reasonably suits the theme.

The contest ends on October 27th, 2021, at 11:59 PM CT.

View the contest rules here!

Accessibility Suggestions

We’ve created a forum post asking the community for suggestions on how we can improve gameplay for players with certain conditions such as colorblindness, dyslexia, or anything else that might affect a players ability to use the standard presentation and controls of the game.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, and possible solutions on how to solve a particular issue, please check out the forum post here.

Update 0.14.4.0

Last week, we released Update 0.14.4.0, which introduced the Private Theaters, rent-able private screens for you and your friends complete with a bar, along with the new Laser Tag arena! In addition, this update included TONS of quality of life changes and bug fixes.

You can read the changelog to that update here.

Update 0.14.4.1

We’re currently working on Update 0.14.4.1, which will fix some issues that came up from the last update, as well as implementing more bug fixes.

You can view our progress on this update here.

Condo: Gizmo Improvements

@Sketchman has been working on improvements to the Gizmos for condos. He’s working on infinidrag, which will allow the gizmo to wrap around the screen when dragged. He also is working on angle snapping, displaying the current angle of the rotation gizmo, and fixing undo/redo to work with the multi-gizmo system.

Gizmo: Infinidrag

Gizmo: Angle Snapping / Display / Undo/Redo Support

Little Crusaders: New Map

@Lifeless continued working on the new map for Little Crusaders.

Little Crusaders: New Map HEAVY WIP

Plaza: Shooting Gallery Ride

@Johanna continued working on the shooting gallery ride, focusing on the spooky mansion area.

Plaza: Shooting Gallery Ride WIP

Miscellany

@joshua continued working on new items.

@madmijk fixed issues with some light items after the shadows update. He also start working on the Arcade shooting gallery (not the ride).

@macdguy released Update 0.14.4.0 and worked on Update 0.14.4.1.

@Wheezwer worked on concept art for a new Event Catsack and Celebrations NPC, and continued working on haunted paintings for the Shooting Gallery ride.

@Will continued working on music, and started working on music for the arcade shooting gallery.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since September 20th, 2021 at PixelTail Games.

Join our Discord for development updates and community fun!
https://discord.gg/pixeltail
We love awesome people like you!

We’re also active on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/PixelTailGames

Follow our developments on our Trello in near real-time:
https://trello.com/b/6BwRMiPw/tower-unite-roadmap

Take a peek at what’s being worked on every week in our weekly dev logs! There’s bound to be something interesting every week!
https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/devupdates/weekly-dev-logs

Please report bugs & submit suggestions on our forums. We’re active everyday & here to help.
For bug reports: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/bug-report/18
For suggestions: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/suggestions/7

Support PixelTail Games with Ko-Fi

Support PixelTail Games on Patreon

Checkout Tower Unite Merch on Redbubble

<3 PixelTail Games

20 Likes

Every new pic of shooting gallery makes me moist :star_struck:
New LC maps looks fun to play on too!

1 Like

The On-Rail shooter reminds me of Boo Blasters at kings Dominion. Love it! Cant wait for it to release!!

1 Like

Getting GMTower Halloween vibes from this… Looks great! Very excited!

9 Likes

for some reason i am very glad the music in the gizmo videos was left in, awesome work!

2 Likes

LC_Tavern!

I have no idea if that’s the actual name but it looks really solid! Nice job!

1 Like

Legit a Club Tititboo remake

Are there any plans for the snapping to apply to the gizmo move mode as well, so we can get grid snapping for things like midair objects? Also, will the snapping increments be customizable (not just increments of 1+, but also to certain decimal places like 0.1 or 0.01 (whatever place unreal rounds numbers off to))?

Being able to use snapping not just on the 3d gizmo but also the click-drag option on the XYZ values would also be helpful.

2 Likes

The snapping works for all gizmos, from what I recall of his demo he showed us today.

if there isn’t a mr bones easter egg somewhere inside the mansion i’ll be severely disappointed

edit: give him a top hat please

2 Likes

Looks really good. Glad my report on duped item categories got fixed so soon. Thanks!

1 Like

Can we get those beds in the background as condo items plz thx

Also- Johanna popping off with the shooting gallery ride, it looks soooo good.

2 Likes

I’ve been staring at the pic for like 2 mins and I can’t find the beds.

Oh. Huh. You sure that’s a bed? I mean, sure, it looks like the edge of some bunk beds but it’s hard to tell from that pic

yeah bro, sleeping is one of my main hobbies, i know a big-fat-bunkie bed when I see one.

It’s time we get something better than this:

1 Like

Ya know, I initially didn’t see that pole in the pic. You’re right. Those definitely are bunk beds.

1 Like