Weekly Dev Log for May 4th, 2020

Weekly Dev Log for May 4th, 2020

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for May 4th, 2020, detailing all the changes that have happened since April 27th, 2020. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

May 2020 Player Survey

It’s that time of the year again! The May 2020 Tower Unite Player Survey is online and we can’t wait to get your feedback! You can participate in the survey here!

Accelerate

@Johanna finalized the layout for Pine Valley, and continued working on Sunset Isles.

@joshua continued working on the Taxi and Police karts for Accelerate.

@Lifeless continued working on Bedzoom.

@macdguy continued working on core systems for Accelerate, finishing the player position system, created a system for handling players going out of bounds, added Tire terrain effects, worked on items that need to bounce off objects, and fixed bugs that came up during internal playtesting.

@Madmijk continued working on the system for items that target players.

@Wheezwer worked on the tree branch texture for Accelerate, and worked on a carpet for Bedzoom.

Accelerate: Item Bouncing WIP

Accelerate: Out of Bounds Handling WIP

Accelerate: Bedzoom Preview WIP

Accelerate: Terrain Tire Effects WIP

Accelerate: Taxi Kart WIP

Accelerate: Police Kart WIP

Accelerate: Bedzoom Carpet WIP

Miscellany

@Caboose700 worked on defining all of the upgrade items, and adding them to the appropriate manifests. He created items for the Minigolf and Ball Race upgrades, and added the Minigolf, Ball Race, and Little Crusaders items to the Upgrades Manifest.

@Johanna worked on some optimizations for the Plaza, as well as working on the new and improved Game Worlds Ports area in the Plaza.

@macdguy looked into various bugs, and added floating text chat to game worlds.

@Sketchman worked on the upgraded achievement icons.

@Will worked on getting FMod implemented.

Game Worlds Floating Text Chat WIP

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since April 27th, 2020 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

kofisupport

PatreonSupport1

Redbubble

33 Likes

zoom time :oncoming_automobile:

I feel like the party ball is a bit out of place. It’s kinda darkly colored and just not fitting. It also contrasts the bright, vibrant, bubbly atmosphere of the room

It’s also kinda out of place like why is it on the floor

1 Like

honestly i feel the opposite from a colour-balance point of view, as it helps to brighten up a major part of the in-focus area - which would otherwise be empty and dull space.

5 Likes

Aww… So many people remember having one of these carpets as a kid, this brings back nostalgia. Hopefully the roads on this carpet become part of the track layout somehow.

2 Likes

Something else could be there. Idk what exactly, but something about it doesn’t fit.

I still have this thing somewhere in my house, lol

Hard disagree, that shit is baller especially because thats the darker point in the map away from the windows and with the underside of the bed. Big approval of this funky sphere

4 Likes

The lights on the disco ball actually light up the dark track that goes under the bed, which has this really cool effect as you drive under the bed.

Also it’s on the floor cause the room is messy.

14 Likes

I see your point but I feel like the lights it’s generating would offset that. Especially if they’re moving around, probably makes the map feel more lively and dynamic.

The map overall looks fantastic! Can’t wait to see it live. Also that police car! So cool, didn’t know we were getting that.

1 Like

Plus, this is a bird’s eye view. From the ground I’m sure it has a much different feel as well

Oh no! Fake Taxi is coming to Tower Unite…

uhhh what i meant to say was, i have no idea what it’s referencing

6 Likes

I like the variety of maps being worked on

2 Likes

I hope the roof on these cars won’t be a problem for bigger models. It’d look weird with them clipping

64d8d9a

im confused what exactly are we using in accelerate? does it depend on the map or do we choose between a go Kart and taxi and stuff. I just think it would be kinda weird with a bunch of big cars and then like some small Go karts Imo.

1 Like

You choose which kart you use

2 Likes

Just like in the Mario Kart