Weekly Dev Log for May 20th, 2019

Weekly Dev Log for May 20th, 2019

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for May 20th, 2019, detailing all the changes that have happened since May 10th, 2019. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Plaza Overhaul for Fishing Update

With work on Fishing still swimming along, and reaching the finish line, some changes to the Plaza were necessary to take accommodate this new feature. In addition, @Johanna changed the lighting system for the Plaza so that lighting on player models will be more accurate to where they standing, and a bug with the skylight was fixed, making the Plaza appear more vibrant.

Plaza Boardwalk Currently

Plaza Boardwalk in the Fishing Update

Mountain Currently

Mountain in the Fishing Update

End of Boardwalk Currently

End of Boardwalk in the Fishing Update

Changes to Boardwalk Materials & Lighting Overhaul

Fishing Adoptable Pets Store

@macdguy started working on the “By the Sea Shore” store, which allows players to exchange Sea Dollars collected via Fishing to adopt larger fishing pets for your condo, such as a Blue Whale or a Tortoise.

By the Sea Shore UI

Fishing Catch Log

A catch log was created for Fishing, so players can see at a glance the fish they’ve caught during their session playing Tower Unite.

Fishing Catch Log UI

Fishing Items

Some fishing items were finished over the last week, including the adoptable pets, Playable Bongos, the Fishing Bowl hat, and the Message in a Bottle. The Message in the Bottle messages all came from a megathread we put up on these forums, so they’re full of player submitted messages.

Message in a Bottle

Wearable Fishing Bowl Hat Milestone

Adoptable Pet

Playable Bongos

Store UI Overhaul

@macdguy spent some time over the last week completely upgrading the Store UI, to make it a bit more user friendly.

New Store Category View

New Store Item View

New Store Headers

Nightclub Work

@Johanna started working on an overhauled layout for the Volt Nightclub.

Nightclub Interior WIP

Colorable Inventory

@macdguy added a small feature to the new overhauled inventory, the ability to color the UI.

Colorable Inventory UI

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since May 10th, 2019 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

36 Likes

I really like the changes to the plaza, especially the End of Boardwalk

8 Likes

Colorable inventory is very exciting, the inventory rework is looking great.

3 Likes

Hopefully the update will be out soon! Can’t wait to finally have a use for my suite aquarium!

this is some good progress, maybe we will even get the update in mid summer.

1 Like

Last I remember Mac or someone else said they wanted the update out “this or next week” which was like, two weeks ago I think. I could be getting things mixed up but I would imagine the update will probably come out in May if things go smoothly.

2 Likes

that is realistic, they basically just have the milestones and wom left.

thanks for making that empty spot teeming with life.

1 Like

Oh yeah, this is looking hot.

I’m so ready to publish content for TU again. I remember that first video I made on Prism a while back, as well as that Theater condo…

The interior design for the nightclub looks really awesome. The area looks a bit small, but I’m guessing that it’s just one of the rooms in Volt. At any rate, it’s looking great so far.
The exterior lighting looks great as well, I’ve kinda noticed that the boardwalk has a yellow tinge to it at the moment. The end of the boardwalk is going to look even better when .7.3 drops.
I’m looking forward to it, and I will try to add more Workshop content soon.

1 Like

Dude, I had no idea we’d be getting Koi. You guys should really add a Koi pond to go with them. Having Koi in a normal aquarium would feel weird

I do really like that cliff and the area behind the stores at the end of the boardwalk

3 Likes

Honestly i can’t wait to be able to buy our great white sharks, im gonna buy so many of them that i have an army of great white sharks.

The sharks shall blot out the sun!

Perhaps I could create something in the workshop for the meantime, though I’d probably have to figure out how a water material is implemented.