Weekly Dev Log for March 16th, 2020

Weekly Dev Log for March 16th, 2020

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for March 16th, 2020, detailing all the changes that have happened since March 9th, 2020. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Update 0.8.9.0 Status

We are in the final stages of getting this update ready for the general public. Last week was spent mainly figuring out some small networking issues. We’re hoping to get this update out sometime this week or next week. We are working hard to get Phase 1 of Arcade released shortly after.

Arcade Progress

@Johanna worked on creating Pizza and Ice Cream shops inside of the arcade.

@joshua worked on several arcade items, such as the Vacuum Robot and a Pug Plush.

@macdguy worked on various aspects of the arcade gameplay. He created new HUD elements for “How to Play”, token costs, and tickets in hand. Work was also done on better ticket handling and a bonus system for games that have bonus modes.

@wheezwer worked on creating logos for both the Pizza and Ice Cream shops and worked on dialogue and designs for the Arcade NPCs.

@Will worked on getting sounds figured out for “Pluck-a-pal” and “Wheel of fire”.

Arcade: Pizza and Ice Cream Shops WIP (characters are not finished)

Arcade Overview with Pizza and Ice Cream Shops WIP

Arcade HUD Improvements WIP

Arcade Items WIP

Condo Editing Improvements

@Madmijk worked on some improvements for condo editing. Items can now be aligned onto objects in a more deterministic fashion. Before, the item previews would jitter and change orientation when dragging across differently oriented surfaces. Now, the item orientation is determined from the surface angle directly, so no more sporadic/slight differences in orientation when you drag an item across different surfaces.

Condo Editing Improvements

Miscellany

@Sketchman and @macdguy continued working on the Unreal Engine 4.20 upgrade.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since March 9th, 2020 at PixelTail Games.

35 Likes

Great stuff! Will the roomba be able to move around and stuff?

6 Likes

Yes.

10 Likes

sooo glad to see better item alignment!

6 Likes

It looks so good! I love building in Tower so much, but sometimes item placement can be
finicky. THIS looks smooth as butter!

Awww yea. Arcade is so close and its looking more and more polished.

Animal Crossing this week, HL:Alyx next week and TU Arcade shortly after. Im gonna be SET for a while.

7 Likes

The Roomba should get an angry/sad face when someone tries to go on top of the roomba to ride it.

6 Likes

Jeez, I haven’t even built a full condo yet and I’m hyped for this change. It looks so much better now :smiley:

1 Like

There should be an easter egg in which if the roomba is running in your condo, one of your pets such as a melon could hop on and take it for a ride.

8 Likes

Dude, for real. I’m currently self-isolating so I’m gonna be so bored until Friday and then I’m basically never gonna wanna leave. Lol

5 Likes

epik

2 Likes

Looking great guys! Arcade looks awesome.

3 Likes

Very happy to see the condo editing improvement!
I also love the floor pattern for the arcade. The arcade truly is another universe!

4 Likes

Big pizza

3 Likes

A roomba pet would be great .

4 Likes

Something I suggested’s getting added!? :open_mouth:

I can’t wait until the arcade, it looks amazing, i always love arcades and this just looks like tons of fun, i can see myself spending tons of more hours in the arcade alone

4 Likes

wow this looks great

2 Likes