Weekly Dev Log for June 14th, 2019

Weekly Dev Log for June 14th, 2019

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for June 14th, 2019, detailing all the changes that have happened since June 7th, 2019. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Arcade Progress

Now that fishing is in a stable state, our main focus has moved to Arcade. Earlier today, we created a post detailing all the machines we plan on having in the arcade, which you can find here.

This week, a new button component system for all the buttons in the arcade was completed. @macdguy completed all of the base code for the arcade machine gameplay, and has been working with @Gloves to complete the animation system. In addition, the unit cost and ticket base code, along with the multiplayer handler for Galaxy Police was finished. @macdguy also completed the physics system for the arcade games, and completed pretty much of all of the gameplay code for Dizzy and Super Hoopers.

@Johanna and @Wheezwer continued working on the arcade machine models and artwork. @Wheezwer finished the artwork for the claw game “Pluck-a-pal”, and started working on the artwork for the ball attack game, “Avalanche”. @Johanna completed the model for the ball toss game, “Bird Feeder”, along with the “Piano” arcade game. @Johanna also started working on a yet to be named ball toss game, and added a second floor to the arcade, which will contain more games.

Super Hoopers Gameplay WIP

Dizzy Gameplay WIP

Arcade Second Floor & Staircase WIP

Pluck-a-pal Model and Artwork WIP

Avalanche Model and Artwork WIP

Bird Feeder Model WIP

“Piano” Model WIP

Unnamed Ball Toss Model WIP

Plaza Art

@Sketch worked on a fishing advertisement for Fishing.

Fishing Advertisement WIP

Code Optimizations

@Sketch continued looking into the memory leaks.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since June 7th, 2019 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

28 Likes

Am I allowed to climb over the barrier and dunk on that hoop?

Looks awesome.

Much like the real Dizzy game, it’s rigged.

1 Like

You`re one of those dang kids i had to kick out of the arcade, huh?

…But yes he has a good question can we do a sick dunk at the basket

On a different note, I’m glad to see that @Sketch is helping with the memory leak issues. Are there any prevailing theories on whats going wrong in that regard?

2 Likes

cant wait for someone to make a condo full of bmananas

2 Likes

Arcade progress is coming along well! I’m so pumped. It’s been one of my top features since launch :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Great progress and awesome job on those arcade machines. Also glad to see those previously pointless stairs are goin somewhere now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m not a dev so I’m only saying this as conjecture, but I’m fairly certain they’re related to workshop models. If you disable workshop, the memory leaks stop completely. Whether it has to do with the models themselves or something else, I have no idea, but here’s hoping Sketch can figure it out soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That fishing advertisement is charmingly disgusting lol.

1 Like

Arcade is incredible- I’ll be trying to introduce more of my steam friends to Tower Unite by gifting them copies. $15 is reasonable and always will be for this much content!

2 Likes