Weekly Dev Log for December 2nd, 2019

Weekly Dev Log for December 2nd, 2019

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for December 2nd, 2019, detailing all the changes that have happened since November 25th, 2019. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Hot Fix 0.8.5.1

The hot fix is almost ready. We had Thanksgiving break right in the middle of preparing the hot fix, so we’re sorry for the slight delay.

Hot Fix 0.8.5.1 includes optimisations to Condo lighting and bug fixes. Check out the progress on our Trello page.

(Also, If you don’t want massive downloads every time we push out updates, read here for a solution!)

Arcade Progress

@macdguy made more progress on various Arcade games.

@Gloves made some animations for the Arcade.

@wheezwer and @Johanna worked on posters and murals.

Check out how the Arcade machines are looking so far:

Newton’s Apples WIP

Salmon Says WIP

The Offering WIP

Bounce WIP

Crane Game Replication Demo

The crane is now replicated, so others can see it when you’re playing:

Super Hoopers WIP

Ring God WIP

Avalanche WIP

Smooth entry into Arcade Machines

Also, if you enter an Arcade machine from the side, you now smoooothly move in instead of teleporting in front of it.

Everything Else

@ThisIsntNath is updating the Tower Unite Official Guide.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since November 25th, 2019 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

30 Likes

Love the ball drop sound on Newton’s apples. pew pew pew

Also liking that cartoonish effect for each basketball swish.

9 Likes

Holy crap I am going to spend hours on these

6 Likes

Man, I don’t know how Pixeltail does it, but the Arcade keeps looking better and better. I can’t wait to be able to waste all my time on these machines :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Avalanche looks neat, but it would be double neat if you could grab those snowballs, turn around, and chuck them at nearby players. This goes for all of the projectile based arcade games.

5 Likes

I could see that getting annoying, but it would be an amusing achievement for the arcade

1 Like

Do you guys think that you’d be adding the throwing mechanics to interactable objects such as basketballs and beach balls to the condo? I like the charge-up mechanic and it would make basketball in a condo much more fun!

6 Likes

I’ll be merging it over for condo items.

15 Likes

Will this get added to other things like slot machines or seats?

3 Likes

7 Likes

I wonder how the games that rely on physics will look like on a server with lots of players.

2 Likes

A lot of work was done to eliminate all lag and physics strain on the server. Regardless of ping, it’ll simulate physics without issues.

It’s all part of our goals for Arcade:

7 Likes

Does that mean the lag in Bowling will be gone too?

1 Like

We’re going to be looking into Bowling as well.

14 Likes

Now I’m not sure if i’m more hyped for Arcade or this

2 Likes

Oh goodie, now I don’t have to hang out in empty San Francisco servers anymore.

It was the worst in full New York servers, the bowling ball could legit phase through the pins if you threw it hard enough.

8 Likes

That sounds awesome! Can’t wait.