Weekly Dev Log for April 6th, 2020

Weekly Dev Log for April 6th, 2020

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for April 6th, 2020, detailing all the changes that have happened since March 30th, 2020. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Arcade Progress

Last Friday and Saturday we conducted two public beta tests of the Arcade to help us identify any critical bugs, smaller bugs, and to allow us to conduct a full performance profile to see how the servers and game would cope with a full servers playing all the arcade games. We are happy to report that other than some small issues (and a performance issue we’re looking into not related to the arcade specifically) the tests were very successful, and we would like to thank everyone who participated on such short notice for helping us identify these issues. We’re hoping to have this released to you all within the next couple of weeks!

@Caboose700 updated the achievement icons created by @Sketchman on Steam.

@Johanna fixed some bugs in the Arcade, fixing the Arcade location volume not including the entirety of the Arcade, fixed the trivia hallway location volume extending too high into the lonely gun area, and moved a Pluck-a-pal machine upstairs.

@macdguy made various improvements and changes to Arcade machines, working on stomping out bugs and preparing them for release. He changed Pluck-a-pal to use a capsule like system as the prior method was too buggy and didn’t function correctly. He also created a system for smaller playermodels to have the correct eye height for all the Arcade machines, adding stools for visualization. Additional sounds for the Wowozela were added as well.

@Madmijk worked on fixing issues with Planetary Piano.

@ThisIsntNath finished the Arcade trailer.

@Sketchman finished the achievement icons for Phase 1 of Arcade, and helped work on optimizations.

@Wheezwer finished the mural for the Arcade.

@Will helped conduct performance profiling on the Arcade, while also fixing any sound bugs identified during the beta tests.

Pluck-a-pal Capsules

Stools for Short Playermodels

Arcade Mural

New Wowozala UI & Sounds

Accelerate

While work on Phase 1 of Arcade is wrapping up and getting closer and closer to release, our artists have started working on maps for Accelerate, our next mission after Arcade Phase 1.

@Johanna continued working on the NightCity map.

@joshua continued working on the Taxi cart.

@Lifeless continued working on the Pine Valley and Sunrise Isles maps, while planning a third unnamed map.

@Will started working on music for Accelerate.

Very Early WIP for NightCity

Very Early WIP for Sunrise Isles

Achievement Icon Improvements

@Sketchman worked on improving some previous Achievement Art.

Cleaned Up Achievement Icons (New vs Old)

Redone Alpine Achievement Icons (Completed & Mastered)

Miscellany

@macdguy added a couple new Unit HUD options.

@Sketchman started working on a prototype for Slaughterday Night Live.

@Wheezwer started working on Steam Trading Cards.

New Unit HUD Options

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since March 30th, 2020 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

34 Likes

This looks amazing!

21 Likes

I’m excited to see some work done on Accelerate! Nice post as always.

4 Likes

Holy hekk you guys work fast, everything looks amazing

3 Likes

So excited to show you guys the Arcade trailer!

14 Likes

Show it to us now, Nath.

3 Likes

Accelerate omg

I need to start playing more x.x

2 Likes

Getting a chance to briefly try Arcade this past weekend was awesome! The machines are all so detailed and unique, and the whole place felt authentic and alive.

Salmon Says, Stack 'em, Planetary Piano and Lonely Gun 30XX were probably the standout machines to me in the brief session, but I didn’t get to give all the machines a fair chance.

I didn’t even get a chance to play with any arcade prizes and I’m already blown away with the amount of content you guy packed into phase 1!

Exciting! I wonder if Community Condos are still coming soon after Arcade or if they’ll come later. With Lobby 3, Fishing, improved servers, and ARCADE the Plaza has certainty shaped up incredibly well. Can’t wait to see what’s next for game worlds and condos.

3 Likes

Yeah, this is Outrun as fuck. I love it.

3 Likes

Imagine the tracks that will is going to make to go along with this.

6 Likes

again nothing about an Easter event. Then please give us the arcade update as an Easter gift :smiley:

Seriously - you do a great job and I prefer a very good update that takes a little longer to get there, than one with a lot of errors that you get annoyed about

2 Likes

Fuck Yes. My hype meter is at it’s max.

2 Likes

This gave me very good flashbacks to the Kickstarter trailer for tu.

11 Likes